VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Medication

Rate this question

Papa

Question

My private doctor has me on medication for depression, but not for PTSD. I will most likely be looking for a new doctor, since he told me that all veterans just need to get over it and stop using this as an excuse. Thats another story for another day. I seem to wonder or my thoughts seem to wonder sometimes, please for give me. Since, I will NOT go near a Veterans Hospital, what are some of the medications that are being used? Even with a lap band, I can not stop eating, and I know it is my PTSD. If I were doing drugs, drinking booze, this would be taken seriously, but food :)

Papa

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the info clw4514. But, how did you do this? I can document that I started having problems and gaining weight before and after I left the military. I also have sleep apena and Hypothyrodism. I have an appeal for DMII that I know is AO and obesity related. But, you are correct, I need to go the the VA, but God I hate the place and the trust is just not their. I'm sure they have improved, I'm sure they have improved, I'm sure they have improved,...If, I keep telling myself that, maybe I will start believing it. :rolleyes:

Papa

i was actually kicked out in part due to failing the fat boy (girl) program. although i was only 5 lbs over max at that time, i have in 19 yrs gained almost 80 lbs. when i got to the va last yr, i some how came about seeing a nutritionist. i so wish i could remember how....then when i was filing my claim, i jokingly sd, "hell, if it wasnt for all the stress, etc from ptsd/trauma, i wouldnt be so fluffy!" vso told me to put it down. i never expected to get it awarded. and since it was awarded secondary, i have been able to go to kinesiotherapy. thats pretty much a gym at the VA. it sounds like i have just been one of the lucky ones with the system. or i had all the T's crossed and I's dotted on the documentation.

wishing u the best!!