VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Starting To Get Ready To File A Claim

Rate this question

papabama

Question

Back in 1970 when I was in boot camp mcrd S.D. #1152 (expermental Platoon) we had to wear dress shoes instead of boots for 10 weeks. Killed my feet. I was discharged with Pes Cavus ( high Arches) . Did not know I could file for benifits till now 40 rears later. On my 22-214 it states Physcial Disabilites w/0 servance pay. I went on 100% disabilty from S.S. and am on long term from my job for my feet - pescavus with degenerative arthrithis, purs,,Also my ortho for the rest of my joints such as back, knees, neck, hands and shoulders, neurophty, Kidneys, on and on diabetic sleep animia. In your opinion how does shound. Waiting on all my dr. letters to take to va.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

papa,

You say a medical discharge, but your profile doesn't show any SC'd disability.

What condition was your "medical discharge" for ?

carlie

Sorry Charlie,, I have not filed yet with VA, I am waiting on my records from archives to be sent to me and A letter from my foot dr. before i go back to va to file(the man at va told me to get these before I file). I am mixed up right now on the process but I was discharged in 1971 with a code RE-3P --Physcial Disablities w//0 servance pay (Honorable) The disability was high arches..from in my boot camp we did not wear boots but instead we wore our dress shoes the whole time. which caused my foot problems. My foot dr say the pain and arthrithis in my feet and back and neck could be related to this. going this week to get a epideral in my back for four dics herinated. hope this statement helps some. Until 2 weeks ago I did not know I could even file with VA. I went S.S. 100% for my feet and dengerated arthritis, ostharhtritisis and some other problems. Please help me understand. I am an old nearly dumb Marine(LOL)

papa, First of all let me tell you you are not nearly dumb! Maybe old, just kidding. Anyway let me fill you in a little about the VA. The VA system is so integral there is not one person who understands it completely. This complex system is old, many areas are broken, and by filing a claim, it would be easier to go through a corn field maze. Just when you think you have it figured out, there is another regulation/rater/poor decision made, and you feel helpless/hopeless and want to quit. BUT neber do you quit. As long as there is a breath in your body, you need to fight for what is right and fight to win.

You will be receiving alot of good advice from many vets/dependents who have fought the toughest battle with the VA.

The best thing is your choice to join here for the help.

You will be asked many questions of which the answers will help those here to give advice/suggestions too. Good luck in your quest for service-connected disability.

papa, First of all let me tell you you are not nearly dumb! Maybe old, just kidding. Anyway let me fill you in a little about the VA. The VA system is so integral there is not one person who understands it completely. This complex system is old, many areas are broken, and by filing a claim, it would be easier to go through a corn field maze. Just when you think you have it figured out, there is another regulation/rater/poor decision made, and you feel helpless/hopeless and want to quit. BUT neber do you quit. As long as there is a breath in your body, you need to fight for what is right and fight to win.

You will be receiving alot of good advice from many vets/dependents who have fought the toughest battle with the VA.

The best thing is your choice to join here for the help.

You will be asked many questions of which the answers will help those here to give advice/suggestions too. Good luck in your quest for service-connected disability.

thank you, goinf fishing in the gulf and for get about this for 6 or 7 minites LOL

we to local va today to see if all my stuff is in order and he said thing are almost ready waiting on letter from my foot doc.. But in my own opinion 100% feet 50% knees. 20% of Johns benefits, 10% toe hurts, 10% elbow 50 other bones and 41% 1/2x1/2 spot on arms! :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, at least you were treated for your feet in service. I was not. I often think about cutting them off they hurt so bad. I have the high arch problem also. I know one thing is that every pound you gain in weight makes it worse. I don't know what makes it better. I can see who it would lead to back problems and all sorts of other problems because you can't walk without pain.