VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sos - Need A Chill Pill!

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Argh.....

I need to vent. VA appeal is sending me bonkers. And, why on earth do they need to be rude? At that point, I just politely say,

"Thank you for your time" and hang up.

The information they have, if they have it is not correct. This Rep told me to contact our SO....we don't have one and for many good reasons.

I know most of you have received the run-around from time to time with VA.....but why, why, why did this woman have to be rude?

My Mom always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm always polite and courteous. Arghhhhh.........just needed to

vent. It's very frustrating this appeal process. Oh, and she told me "Look, these appeals take years" emphasis added on the word years.

Deliberately she placed great emphasis on one particular word. I'm thinking, ah yeah, they take years off your life.

Send me a chill please............

VetsLady

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Argh.....

I need to vent. VA appeal is sending me bonkers. And, why on earth do they need to be rude? At that point, I just politely say,

"Thank you for your time" and hang up.

The information they have, if they have it is not correct. This Rep told me to contact our SO....we don't have one and for many good reasons.

I know most of you have received the run-around from time to time with VA.....but why, why, why did this woman have to be rude?

My Mom always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm always polite and courteous. Arghhhhh.........just needed to

vent. It's very frustrating this appeal process. Oh, and she told me "Look, these appeals take years" emphasis added on the word years.

Deliberately she placed great emphasis on one particular word. I'm thinking, ah yeah, they take years off your life.

Send me a chill please............

VetsLady

It is a shame some analysts see us as paper files on a desk and not Veterans who served our country.

Send all you've got.

Received the mail just after I posted my last and in it was big white envelope from AMC.

They denied his SC and guess what? They denied it without having all of the medical

evidence that Seattle VARO was sent in January from us. You bet your cookies and milk

we sent it overnight UPS Priority. Had the signature of the person who received it in.

His claim folder has been all over the country and was in Nashville for further development

pursuant to the Remand. When that was completed, they sent it on to AMC in DC for

decision which is like reading a 100 page book with only 6 pages in it.

I was so mad after reading it, and was all over it like honey on a hot bisquit. The higher

ups are now involved and assure me that if that evidence was not in the file when it was

reviewed, his claim will go to the top of the pile, yeah right.

Is this what they call a CUE?

Trying to calm down, had to really take that chill pill the anxiety was horrible.

VetsLady

yup, them at the AMC is cranking out those denials without considering all the evidence all right, same thing happened to me. No mention as to why the new stuff did not count either, which is partly why it was remanded to begin with.

But I'm on 'em like stink on limburger, just like you!

Never give up!

I sent the new (updated medrecs) evidence PRIOR TO the Remand. It was sent to Seattle as we'd filed a TDIU claim that was dumped on. However, the TDIU claims folder and the contents were what they were waiting for to make the appeal decision. His appeal file began in Seattle, then took a trip to DC and waiting in line for almost 3 years for a hearing date and in the meantime he has a VA exam, yup.....5 years after he originally filed the claim.

BVA hearing was last Nov. Former SO suggested we file for TDIU while awaiting BVA hearing decision. TDIU is denied. Claims folder is then sent to AMC who sends it to Nashville for further development who then send it back to AMC in DC. It's a big merry-go-round if you ask me.

I'm an optimist. A pissed off cautious keep my mouth shut ears open catch flies with honey pissed off optimist.

Hopeful the higher up can deterimine whether or not the necessary, and all of the necessary evidence was in the file when they slapped a big denial on the appeal as not one shred (ooooo, don't like that word) of evidence we submitted was on their "evidence considered" list.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Anyone have any ideas, I'm listening.