VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sos - Need A Chill Pill!

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Argh.....

I need to vent. VA appeal is sending me bonkers. And, why on earth do they need to be rude? At that point, I just politely say,

"Thank you for your time" and hang up.

The information they have, if they have it is not correct. This Rep told me to contact our SO....we don't have one and for many good reasons.

I know most of you have received the run-around from time to time with VA.....but why, why, why did this woman have to be rude?

My Mom always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I'm always polite and courteous. Arghhhhh.........just needed to

vent. It's very frustrating this appeal process. Oh, and she told me "Look, these appeals take years" emphasis added on the word years.

Deliberately she placed great emphasis on one particular word. I'm thinking, ah yeah, they take years off your life.

Send me a chill please............

VetsLady

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the comment Pete.

I just re-read all of my posts from yesterday on this subject and WO was I spitting fire or what?

I should clarify. The TDIU claim was filed in Oct. The BVA videocon was in Nov. Why former SO suggested we file for TDIU

concurrently is a mystery to me now (I would have never filed another claim so close to a BVA videocon).

The updated medrecs, from mid 04 to Jan 09 were sent up on Jan. 30 to Seattle where they were placed into the TDIU file.

The TDIU was denied and I just looked, they have them all listed in the TDIU evidence list, with the from to dates for each provider.

In the Remand, the VLJ only mentioned obtaining the SSD records to be made part of the file and that a PTSD exam should be

done and stressor verified (we dropped this part of the claim as it was determined he really doesn't have PTSD afterall). His depression

was related to the issue on appeal. VLJ also mentioned the Veteran filed the TDIU claim and referred that matter to our local VARO.

In the denial we received yesterday, none of the evidence we submitted on behalf of the TDIU claim was listed (2 separate claims)....you would

think that the information would be in the same claims folder. I was told that they set up 2 different claims folders so the claims could be worked

concurrently......but, it doesn't really work that way. That close to a VA videocon we waited 5 years for, well....TDIU could have waited. The appeal

should have been completed before moving on to the TDIU claim.

The former SO we used, didn't have any of the evidence in the file we'd sent up (this was before Jan 09) - luckily I brought a copy which she copied,

the VLJ asked her to send it to him. I did confirm BVA received it. The SO who sat there with us in the videocon had never spoken to or even met

my husband. We started his claim closer to our home.

I'm hoping that all of the evidence submitted didn't get put into the same file once the TDIU claim was denied. If that is the case, I was told yesterday

by the higher up that it's VA's fault and they will have to correct it immediately and reconsider the claim. It's a strong claim, it happened, we have the evidence,

the odds weigh on my husbands side....the QTC doc gave a strong Nexus and so did my husband's private doctor. It was the rater of who did the rating in aug 08

who didn't know right from left, the SSOC was a complete mess and suppose I should have filed to have it corrected but with the BVA hearing coming up, well.....

I thought we were well represented by the former SO and that if should have been done, they certainly would have told us about it.

I'm going to try and have a better day today. I'm going to spend the morning watching tv with our two little doggies on my lap. Then, it's a doctor appt for

the hubby this afternoon and maybe a stop for an early dinner.

VetsLady

I went through this crap this morning from a belligerent supervisor- asked to call me due to a call I had made to the director's office to find out what my call was about.

I then called the VA Central Office to complain and they said put the complaint in writing directly to Secretary Shinseki.

Of course the letter I am sending him will be re-routed back to the same VARO- but maybe it will trigger the RO this time to read the evidence I am sending along with the complaint to VACO.They dont seem to read anything I send to them directly.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Berta....I can't say for 100% sure, but they do not have any of the additional evidence

listed in the denial we received from AMC. I was thinking about delivering it myself....but,

DC is a little too far to travel right now from WA.

I'm thinking that Seattle didn't forward the evidence that was submitted for the TDIU claim

that was denied. The just filed the file away instead of extracting the evidence, closing the file

and sending the evidence to be placed into the main file.

Had they done that, this would not have happened. If we still get a denial after the do review the

evidence, I'm prepared to go all the way.

I appreciate the support.