VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

maset22

Question

I served in Gulf War one. Din't think much about it. The other day I decided to put in a claim. After many years of taking care of Family going for the mithy dollars. Never thought I had PTSD. Crying in situations my sevicemen and women will get in mainly death and wounded, crying in movies like Hamburger Hill or platoon. My first experience was in I think Desert Shield. A bunker made for seven soldiers, turn out to be use by about thirty soldiers. At first I ran somewhere, all training was out the window. I made maybe two to three steps I regained my posture and I was about the second person in the bunker. In a moments notice I found my back againts the top of the bunker, soldiers under me, everywhere. I was scared, could not bread anxiety big time. I thought about my boys not seen them again. Funny; Not my wife who I love so much and still together today. My arrogance got me to just the begining of outside of the bunker looking out. waiting for the all crear. and when it was giving it took a while for us to deploy.From that moment I played the John wayne. every one get in, moved, moved. I was directing soldiers in. But; Not me. many years later. I stii cant go in tight places, drive in rush hour. (Wife drive I close my eyes). much crying, even watching movies that someone get put in the trunk of a car, I shiver. My psychiatrist diagnose me with adjustment disorder with depressed mood. Pain disorder associated with physical and psychological factor. Chronic. Hope is not too late. The story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. I told The spychiatrist and He wrote it down, trigger and all. Any advice. Please Help me How can I get the doctor to adjust to PTSD. Since the other diagnostics will give me zlich. I have couple more incident that affect my daily life. will post them another day sorry for been long winded Love you all. One love Brother, Sister. In ARM. What a horendoze thing happened in FT Hood. Prayers for our Fallen Conrads. Amen

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Don't feel like the lone ranger, there are military personnel from WWII that are just coming forth and realizing that they have PTSD. You have made a big step. It will be a long road, however, we are here to help you through the process. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. BTW, WELCOME.

"Please Help me How can I get the doctor to adjust to PTSD. Since the other diagnostics will give me zlich."

A chronic adjustment disorder can sometimes generate an award of SC such as :

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files4/0926541.txt

For PTSD comp you need PTSD diagnosis and proof of a stressor.

Unles your DD 214 has PH, CAR or CIB on it.

What you described in my opinion would not raise to level of stressor-I am sure you have other stressors but maybe the adjustment disorder claim could be granted.

Have they denied this claim yet?

Welcome home Soldier!! I served in the USMC in RVN in 1966, discharged in 1967. Took me 41 years of living with alcohol, drugs, crying, flashbacks, rage, nightmares and the the rest of it before a very kind gentle soul that worked at the VA asked me to come in for the help I was always too proud to ask for. This stuff pretty much ruined my life, or should I say I let it ruin my life because I didn't know I had a problem, thought I was the only one that felt that way. Now I know better, there are untold thousands of our fellow veterans that suffer from PTSD, many like you and I that "humped the boonies in Indian country" have neglected to admit our problem and seek help. Now that you have, welcome aboard! We veterans are very fortunate to have this board and the number of members that have walked in these shoes and are willing to help other veterans navigate the right course when dealing with the VA and other Federal and State entities that can provide assistance. All you have to do is ask for help!