VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Using "powerful Scans" To Track Changes In Vets With Ptsd, Brain Injuries.

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

VA Using "Powerful Scans" To Track Changes In Vets With PTSD, Brain Injuries.

The AP (11/10, Neergaard) reports, "Powerful scans are letting doctors watch just how the brain changes in veterans" with PTSD and "concussion-like brain injuries - signature damage of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It's work that one day may allow far easier diagnosis for patients - civilian or military - who today struggle to get help for these largely invisible disorders. For now," however, such work "brings a powerful message: Problems too often shrugged off as 'just in your head' in fact do have physical signs, now that scientists are learning where and how to look for them. 'There's something different in your brain,' explains Dr. Jasmeet Pannu Hayes of Boston University, who is helping to lead

that research at the Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD. 'Just putting a real physical marker there, saying that this is a real thing,' encourages more people to seek care."

http://www.veteranstoday.com/article9329.html

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

This is important. I know that when I was first hurt, I felt like everyone was thinking I was faking etc. When the MRI, and myleogram showed just how much damaged had occured and then the EMG backed up everything, well I felt a huge sense of relief. I wasn't crazy (well my wife says I still am but your only paranoid if there really isnt anyone watching you).

This should be posted in every paper and handed the EVERY vet who could have PTSD. Its real, its there, and heres the PROOF. They should shove this down every Army commanders throat, or at least make them eat the article. I have personally seen so many try to even deny a soldier was suffering.

Thank you allan.

Bob Smith