VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sent In Smr's And Civilian Medical Records

Rate this question

Rich W

Question

I know I'm probably impatient but I sent my SMRs and civilian medical records requested by the VA Regional office about a month ago in support of my claims. I also checked the box on the VA form stating to not wait for any further records to be sent and to go ahead and process my claim. In the past it seemed like I received a confirmation letter or a form letter of some sort within a few weeks after sending them something. I sent the records requiring a signature and got proof they received them but I'm still a little paranoid.

Is there a number I can call to make sure they have them?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Rich W,

I am sure you know the call center # 1-800-827-1000, however they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground...so to speak...probably due to the fact they have a very limited screen to view.(MHO). Be prepared to wait long periods...mths and maybe yr or more depends on regional office, claims ahead of you, staff ratio at your VARO too.

As far as letters received these are computer generated and automatically sent out. Keep warm for the winter while you wait. Good luck.

ditto; however if you want a real answer, use IRIS...if they don't have an answer, they will query the VARO handling your claim. plus, you have a written answer to put in your file

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be paranoid if you don't have proof they got the records. Now let's hope they read them if they did get them. Sometimes they have evidence and they just ignore it.

• HadIt.com Elder
I know I'm probably impatient but I sent my SMRs and civilian medical records requested by the VA Regional office about a month ago in support of my claims. I also checked the box on the VA form stating to not wait for any further records to be sent and to go ahead and process my claim. In the past it seemed like I received a confirmation letter or a form letter of some sort within a few weeks after sending them something. I sent the records requiring a signature and got proof they received them but I'm still a little paranoid.

Is there a number I can call to make sure they have them?

Rich, Don't forget that when you request your SMRs from the National Personnel Records Center on an SF 180 that you must make a seperate written request for inpatient hospital records there to a particular address at the National Personnel Records Center.