VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Needed Please

Rate this question

winddancer

Question

I am trying to sort through my husband's myriad of health issues and file a claim for increase in SC but there are so many issues and I have been told so many different ways to handle this that now I am totally confused. A retired VSO was helping me sort issues and saw a potential CUE but unfortunately he has passed away prior to telling me the issue. Without getting too winded on this post, a brief breakdown of the stats is: grand mal seizure of unknown origin while in service in 1977 resulting in award of 20% coming out of service by VA. Two yrs later at annual eval sc terminated w/o neurological eval. 20% disability stayed on records but no compensation until 1999 when local VSO filed new paperwork then granted 10%. Currently rated at 10% seizure, 30% PTSD, and 0% migraine headaches. He has dx of tendonitis, COPD, GERD, DJD, Anxiety disorder, CAD, Depressive disorder, and hyperlipidemia. Has had stents placed for aortic aneurysm and iliac aneurysm, has had toxic cataracts removed from both eyes, right retinal and macula repair for blown retina, surgery to repair L knee injured in service, tinnitus, decreased hearing, 2 septoplasty surgeries for chronic recurring sinusitis, is on 2 L of O2 at night for CO2 overload, and is considered to be prediabetic currently controlled by diet. He has not been able to work a day since Dec. 1999. Sorry for being so winded , there are more issues but at least you have a general idea of matter at hand. ANY help is greatly appreciated in advance because I am totally confused.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you use SSD records be sure that the reason he got SSD is for a SC issue. You don't want to give the VA ammunition to say he is IU because of NSC stuff. They will do that for sure.

Thanks for the advice. At least I have a starting point. Don't know what I will do at this point regarding a VSO. We have a county VSO but she tends to pick who she wants to help fight the VA and doesnt have a good reputation here locally. Also had a DAV VSO at the VARO in Winston Salem a few yrs ago and he helped about as much as my refrigerator has so we dropped him. Will look into a VSO at the VA hospital as that is my next closest choice. By the way, I tried to pull up the TDIU pdf both from Berta's post and from hadit forms and it told me on both counts that I was not authorized so-o-o will go to VA.gov and get it there. No big deal, just thought that you should know. Again, thanks for letting me vent and giving me a sense of direction. Will see where we go from here but will keep you posted as best I can.