VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola

Rate this question

babyray

Question

Does anyone knows if we are getting a COLA for 2010?

babyray :)

Edited by babyray

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My house payment went down by $3 per month.

My VA disability payments will receive no COLA increase for the first time since, well since I started getting them.

My private health insurance supplement went down by 10% (meaning I have to pay an additional 10% of negotiated costs on everything after deductible and co-pay).

My employer reduced everyone's salary by 3-7% (scaled on income) due to the trashed economy, to prevent layoffs.

Well, at least my house payment went down by $3 per month. :)

• HadIt.com Elder
Test,

Well at least if you give up the toilet paper

you'll still have the soap ~ couldn't resist.

carlie

Carlie I realize I am a smart alec but after months of COLA questions I couldn't resist the urge......I got my SMC S so I got a big COLA in June so I am fortunate and I know it I wish all veterans were as "comfortable" as my wife and I are, we don't have big bills because we were living on a call center paycheck we both earned so when I had to quitworking in June 2002 and my SSD was approved we actually got a pay raise compared to what we both earned working my years at the Post Office I paid a lot on FICA taxes so my SSD was a pretty large check to start with, heck my sons check is larger than his step fathers regular SS check so we already had budgets based on low income so when the VA came thru we did buy the house with the back pay but we still live well within our means I wish all veterans werein the same position but I also realize each of us have different lifestyles, working spouses, kids at home, teenagers driving etc my wife's daughter moved in with us with her 2 kids 8 & 10 act like they are 18 & 20 I wish they would hurry up and move out while they still know everything and keep telling me that I am to old and that I just don't understand the new lifestyle and music what they listen to is not music it's not even rap I have no idea what it is but it's not rock and roll, it's not country I also don't think I should be exlpaining to a child why I think they should be in bed and asleep at 1 am 3 or 4 nights a week either.

Their dad has told them that I am not really their grandfather just because I married their grandmother, well does that mean the woman their grand father married isn't their grand mother now either, but since they live in my house I don't care what their dad says and my size 9 shoe will fit in their azz. I raised my kids why do I have to raise some more? rofl

We all know no cola for us so when I read the local paper I was pizzed off to read half of county office workers will get 10% increase in raises beginning Jan 10, as the other half already got them this yr. WTF??? 10% so they can compete with other county office workers. OMG give me a F*ing break. 10%. Who the hell-o gets 10%. The story says they need to compete with county workers who have over 100,000 people and alot more. Our podot county has 10,000 people, if that many!

Tell me folks am I missing something here or what???

We have more farms here than people. Rural area with lower taxes yet the workers salaries are competetive with the metro areas. They just keep giving the unemployment benefits to the bums that don't even look for work, and now this. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE? NONE of these people have served, nor their families in the military.

Driving NEW Expeditions, Caddy's, and I drive an old bomb with 150,000 miles on it. Went into the wrong job sector, I guess.

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes

pr

Philip where did that yes answer come from are you counting on Congress to give us 250 like they did last year and to SS recipients to try and buy votes for next year? Have you heard something we haven't? Because the CPI shows negative growth so we aren't getting one from inflation

inquiring minds want to know?

• HadIt.com Elder

Just answering the original question, which was: "Does anyone knows if we are getting a COLA for 2010?" To which I answered "Yes." ;-)

pr

Philip where did that yes answer come from are you counting on Congress to give us 250 like they did last year and to SS recipients to try and buy votes for next year? Have you heard something we haven't? Because the CPI shows negative growth so we aren't getting one from inflation

inquiring minds want to know?

Edited by Philip Rogers