VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This True Or Still Going On?

Rate this question

maset22

Question

Why the VA doesn't want to diagnose Iraq War Veterans' PTSD

Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. Updated: May 20th 2008

xpertid_6612851_soldier_bomb.jpgEarlier this month, Dr. Norma Perez an employee of a VA hospital somewhere in America wrote the following email and sent it out to a number of VA clinical employees:

"Given that we are having more and more compensation seeking veterans, I'd like to suggest that you refrain from giving a diagnosis of PTSD straight out. Consider a diagnosis of Adjustment Disorder, R/O PTSD

Maset22. This is just the kind of thing most of my posting is concern with. Plase can someone elaborate. Just want a fair deal plus gea better.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes it is sad but true they were caught about 18 months ago and the Army was caught last July but it is not really a problem cause they studied it and decided it is not a problem.

However, unless the VA is saying that you are denied cause you are diagnosed with a personality disorder I would not worry to much about this.

Whenever the VA gets caught they study it till it drops out of headlines and than file a report that says everything is hunkey dorey. Been doing that for many many years.

Why the VA doesn't want to diagnose Iraq War Veterans' PTSD

Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. Updated: May 20th 2008

xpertid_6612851_soldier_bomb.jpgEarlier this month, Dr. Norma Perez an employee of a VA hospital somewhere in America wrote the following email and sent it out to a number of VA clinical employees:

"Given that we are having more and more compensation seeking veterans, I'd like to suggest that you refrain from giving a diagnosis of PTSD straight out. Consider a diagnosis of Adjustment Disorder, R/O PTSD

Maset22. This is just the kind of thing most of my posting is concern with. Plase can someone elaborate. Just want a fair deal plus gea better.

It would be really, really nice to see the VA fire these people and make it stick! Maybe then we would see changes, as it stands the civil service employees know they can do nearly anything and get away with it. Thank god for Hadit and all the other vet friendly advocates.

JMHO,

Bergie