VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won My Appeal, Now What?

Rate this question

RichL

Question

I just received notification from the BVA that I am entitled to SC for hypertension, to include as secondary to SC for OSA and PTSD from an appeal of a denied clam for hypertension in 2004, and from a denial for SC for hypertension secondary to PTSD and or OSA in 2008.

The letter from the BAV stated that my records are being sent back to the VA office that has jurisdiction over this matter. What happens next? The letter from the BVA did not state what percentage of disability for hypertension have been awarded, will the RO?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich, keep this in mind. If your BP readings are predominatly 160 systolic and 100 diastolic then you will be compensated. If they are less then you may get a Zero percent.

Congratulations on your win and the RO is supposed to treat your claim expedisously.

I hope it is quick and you dont have to wait much longer.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder
I just received notification from the BVA that I am entitled to SC for hypertension, to include as secondary to SC for OSA and PTSD from an appeal of a denied clam for hypertension in 2004, and from a denial for SC for hypertension secondary to PTSD and or OSA in 2008.

The letter from the BAV stated that my records are being sent back to the VA office that has jurisdiction over this matter. What happens next? The letter from the BVA did not state what percentage of disability for hypertension have been awarded, will the RO?

Rich, I think that if you were already at 100% for PTSD as of the effective date granted for the hypertension, then you possibly may not received any additional compensation unless the additional ssrvice connected disabilities are rated 60% or more in an S rating. Congratulations on your win. Could you tell us all what sort of evidence you used in support of your claim and in your appeal? Awhile back, here on hadit, one veteran stated that if a veteran is going to win service connection of hypertension secondary to PTSD then the veteran needs an opinion from a cardiologist and a psychiatrist in support of the claim. Is this the sort of evidence you used?

Rich, I think that if you were already at 100% for PTSD as of the effective date granted for the hypertension, then you possibly may not received any additional compensation unless the additional ssrvice connected disabilities are rated 60% or more in an S rating. Congratulations on your win. Could you tell us all what sort of evidence you used in support of your claim and in your appeal? Awhile back, here on hadit, one veteran stated that if a veteran is going to win service connection of hypertension secondary to PTSD then the veteran needs an opinion from a cardiologist and a psychiatrist in support of the claim. Is this the sort of evidence you used?

I submitted the following evidence:

1. Letter from my Sleep Apnea Dr. Stating that my hypertension "is caused by his service connected sleep apena and/or PTSD."

2. Letter from my civilian primiary care doctor noting that my hypertension "may" be related to my PTSD or OSA.

3. Letter from my ENT doctor to my primary care doctor stating that it is possible that my hypertension is related to my OSA.

I am still waiting to find out from the RO what SC percentage, if any I will be receiving for the hypertension now that it is SC.

I received my rating results from the RO. I have been awarded 0% SC for hypertension secondary to my SC obstructive sleep apnea. I guess 0% is better than nothing.

• HadIt.com Elder
I received my rating results from the RO. I have been awarded 0% SC for hypertension secondary to my SC obstructive sleep apnea. I guess 0% is better than nothing.

if you die from a heart attack it will help get DIC for your widow that is why I fought mine to the BVA I got 60% for CAD and 10% for hypertension secondary to PTSD it opens the door to get heart problems SC down the road I hope you don't have heart problems but if you do it will help not that it is SC the door is open congrats 0% SC is SC lol