VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Check For Back Pay

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I have read two different opinions.

First my Letter states that the first check will be mailed in approx 15 days

Is this always the case, or as some Veterans State, they received their Direct Deposit before they got their award letter????

My mail situation is not to stable, so any information will enable me to take steps hopfully to make sure I get my mail.

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to check to see what address the VA has for you. Do you have a bank for direct deposit? That is the best way. Just make sure you know where that check is going. If it is "return to sender address unknown" it ain't good. Be sure your forwarding address is current and in effect if you have moved recently. If you don't get direct deposit get a P.O. Box. You can move around but you mail goes to the PO box.

Thank J

Not in the system for any VA comp,

I have check and made sure that all direct deposit inform is accurate

Who issues this first check, the VA. and are they the toll free number they gave me my Decision packet

You can call 1-877-838-2778 VA's direct deposit number to make sure they have your bank information. Of course they will ask you to verify yourself and then they will give you the information. Make sure you know your account number to verify the bank info. If you are in the system (payment being processed) they can even tell you how much the retro check will be and when it is due to hit your account.

Recieved Retro pay by check, 6 days from the day my rating was signed

WOW, amazing results, now all that is left my first compensation check on Dec 1, 2009

I have confidence that will be smooth also.