VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flu/h1n1 Vaccine Postcard

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I just got this card in the mail from the VA. Here's the propaganda:

Dear {name}:

Your health records show that you meet the CDC criteria for priority H1N1 vaccination. This means that you have one or more conditions that make you more likely to have serious problems if you contract the H1N1 "swine" flu. We strongly recommend that you receive the H1N1 flue vaccine and the seasonal influenza shot as soon as possible.

Since the H1N1 "swine" flu vaccine is in very limited supply at our facility, we are encouraging everyone to take advantage of clinics in oyur local area such as your county health department clinics and other local clinics.

Don't delay - Get your Flu shots today!

It also contained contact information for my local VAMC. I called the number and listend to a recording telling people about the flu and to contact their primary care clinic to get more information. I called my primary care clinic. They ran out of injections (not nasal) on Friday and do not know when they will get more.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, hurry up and wait!

• HadIt.com Elder

One year when they had a big flu shot shortage my PCP Doc ordered a flu shot for me as I am in the so called high risk profile. Well it seems that some of the nurses in the clinics were hoarding flu vaccine for their buddies or to sell on black market or who knows and the nurse kept fooling around and not giving me a flu shot. As I finsished checking out my PCP whirls by like a Texas Tornado with me in tow and asks did you give this man a flu shot. Me being me blurted out that she told me there was no flu vaccine. The Doc looked at her and said you can start looking for another job if this man does not get a flu shot today. Guess what she opened her little drawer and found some flu vaccine

It's official! No H1N1 for me at this time. My girlfriend (who works at a hospital) said not to get it. Also, I read the topic here and found out about the squaline in the injections and the high levels of mercury. Sounds pretty scary to me.