VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris

Rate this question

PE1

Question

My last C&P exam was 10 September 2009. Then I had a letter from Qu Te Ce asking me to go back for an Upper GI test. The test was 09 October 2009. I think that I shouldn't need anymore C&P exams, or anyother test ordered.

If I ask on the status with an IRIS, will it delay the claim? "I don't want to loose my place in line"

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

an IRIS query won't affect your claim.

If QTC notified you of additional exams, the RO requested it. QTC can't unilaterally schedule exams or testing. Feel free to query the additional test via IRIS, but plan on going, as not going WILL have a detrimental effect on your claim.

Edited by 12R3G

I did go to the exam. I don't have anything scheduled anymore. Nothing is pending as far as I know. Just didn't want to delay it.

• In Memoriam

An Iris will not change your place in line or slow down your claim.

MHO, is that Iris doesn't really do anything but pacify. 12R3G is right any further exams will be scheduled through your RO. I think you will find that QTC lacking. QTC, is just a VA contractor for VA C&P exams.

mea culpa--I misread as well.

I prefer IRIS to the 800 #...I think the IRIS team has access to more screens than the telephone team, plus with IRIS you have a paper trail (just print the response)

Phone center...bogus 99% of time as they are suppose to be able to read a computer screen but that is dependent upon someone somewhere inserting some info in to it...IRIS, as far as my own personal opinion is another joke...but as someone posted you do have a paper trail that is if you print it, it fades after 30 days or so, or it did for me! The info I received was not pertinent to the information I had requested. I tried this method of communication with the VA a few times and all times did not receive appropriate/valid responses. Guess it's a crap shoot...Hope it works for some.

As far as it stalling a claim, not! The only things that may hold up the claims process would be putting in more claims while your case may be like at the BVA, I was told as the complete file would be at BVA; and I was told also contacting your representative to check into the status, as it is removed from the arena of being worked on to be examined by the reps are just some reasons which may/could delay the processes. Of coarse severe criminal activity the VA determines could also affect the outcome/status. Just a few, but IRIS no. Calls to your own VSO probably very doubtful, unless they have to sign it out to check something, but then they return it.

Edited by halos2

If the VA has your process well documented and the IRIS response team can determine the answer to your question then no it has no effect.

However, if information on your claim contained in the computer is lacking (probably 75 percent of the time!) the response team will forward your question to the assigned RO. At the RO the lead will be set to the Administrative Supervisor for the contact team who will have to pull your claim or if the rater actually has your file signed out they will sometimes first ask the rater to provide a quick response (don't hold you breath on this one). If your file is pulled by the contact team then yes it could affect the processing of your claim. Say the rater has 20 files pulled to work on and yours is number 2. If the file is pulled and while pulled the rater finishes number 1 then he/she has no choice other than to grab the number 3 file and start to work. They surely are not going to sit there and wait for the contact team to finsish and return the file to them before they work on any other claims. So it could be put at the bottom of the stack of the 20 files so it delays it just a bit.

But heaven help you if the file goes to some whacked support person in the contact team who answers your question and returns the file to the file room instead of assigning it back to and giving it to the rater (this is the common practice in most RO's) If it is in the file room and not assigned to the rater he/she might just forget about it and go on to the next 20 claims assigned to him/her. The error might not get caught until 6 months later!!!!! Just something to think about.

Keep in mind that anytime you ask the VA to do something with your file you are rolling the dice!!!! hahahhahaha. But if you really need to know something about your claim then you gotta know - so roll the dice. Probably only about a 2-5 percent chance that a screw up will occurr, but when it does it is normally a big one cause we all know that the VA loves to be complete in their screw ups hahahahha.