VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank G-d For Momma

Rate this topic

Well my Health has been just terrible for a couple of months now,(Congestive Heart Failure,COPD, Asthma and allergies)

and I do not want to go out to Bay Pines.

A few months ago my daughter was at work and inhaled some caustic chemicals - the ER said she had chenical pnemonia, so I loaned her my nebulizer and some albuterol so she didn't have to pay for it.

Well here I am now sick as an old doggie.

So instead of calling my daughter to treck over here and return my nebulizer, I remembered that when Mom died I kidnapped her high-tech mini nebulizer that does your whole treatment in about 8 minutes,

and you can even use it in your car or an airplane.

When Momma died the medical companies tried to take back all of her equipment but I hid it and wouldn't let them get anything but her bed and oxygen concentrator unit. I helped Mom with all of her bills and this equipmant had been paid for outright - it was not durable medical equipment that was billed for monthly.

Hell, they even wanted to take her potty chair, shower chair and little three wheel walker - that we had special ordered her for color she wanted.

I even have the dentures I took her to get and I keep them in a jalipion jar filled with water, because she loved jalipinos.

Well I've hung onto it all for over two years now.

So this morning, I dug around and found that high tech mini nebulizer of Momma's.

I have also had a horrendous cough - you know, the kind you have to wear a little pad in your panties and feels like your ribs are cracking every time you cough.

Then I also remembered that about 2 years ago when I had this same cough,a wonderful PCP I had out at Bay Pines RX'd me 2 bottles of liquid lidocaine.

He gave me a big long lecture on using it very sparingly,

in with my nebulizer treatment with the albuterol.

He made me understand that if you used too much of the liquid lidocaine or used it too often it could put both your broncial tubes and lungs at risk for temporary paralysis.

Low and behold I just went to my refrigerator and still have a sealed bottle of the liquid lidocaine.

So far I've done half of a treatment and havent coughed for about 45 minutes.

This may be a boring thread and perhaps I should have posted it in Social Chat, but I felt it may help another vet if posted under Medications and Health issues.

Two years deceased and my wonderful Momma is still helping me out and taking care of me. She was a Licensed Registered Nurse for well over fifty years.

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't bored at all - and I know what you mean. I have been helped from the grave a number of times. My parents are still here on this earth, and I am grateful to have them next door.

I have been frustrated at not being able to get any response from my grandmothers though. My mother's mother was so wonderful to me. My father's mother let me know even as a child that she loved my cousins better than I, but she still instilled in me a creative urge that has led me on a path of artistic ability that I credit the beginning of to her.

Yea for being able to breath - and for your being able to remember where you put things!

So, what you advocating is:

If yo Momma has a nebulizer and you need it, then you should mix a couple tablespoons of liquid lidocane into her albuterol, then, after the Rx company has made a fruitless trip to recover their "assets", then you forget where you hid the "good" nebulizer and give your daughter the crappy one.

Does that about "sum-it-up"?

If so, then G-d is paying you forward with the COPD, etc.!

:rolleyes:

NO LARRY - NOT AT ALL. I WOULD THINK YOU HAD READ THE WHOLE POST

AND I WOULD THINK YOU KNEW ME BETTER THAN THAT BY NOW.

MOMMA IS DEAD.

IT WAS HER OWN PRIVATE NEBULIZER - BOUGHT AND PAID FOR IN FULL

WITH HER MONEY - IT WAS NOT PART OF HER RENTED DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT. IT WAS NOT ONE OF THEIR ASSESTS THAT BELONGED TO THEIR COMPANY - THAT THEY TRIED TO CON ME INTO RETURNING TO THEM.

IT WAS MY ALBUTEROL AND MY LIQUID LIDOCAINE RX'D TO ME FROM MY PRIOR

VAMC PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER, Dr. DAVID LAYER.

THE ONLY DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT THAT WAS OWNED BY A COMPANY WAS MOMMA'S OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR AND HER HOSOITAL BED.

THE NEBULIZER I ORIGINALLY HAD, BELONGED TO ME - IT WAS NOT OLD AND/OR CRAPPY. I LOANED IT TO MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE THE ER RX"D HER TO GET

ONE - SHE HAS NO INSURANCE - SO I LOANED HER MINE.

SO - NO YOUR POST DOES NOT SUM IT UP CORRECTLY AT ALL.

G-D IS NOT PAYING ME FORWARD WITH THE COPD.

FYI - I WAS ON A LIST FIVE YEARS AGO FOR A HEART TRANSPLANT.

NOT TO BE A BLITCH - BUT I SURE HOPE YOU PAY MORE ATTENTION TO

CLAIMS FOR YOUR VETERANS THAN YOU DID TO MY POST.

AND YES - THIS IS ALL IN CAPS FOR AN APPROPRIATE REASON.

CARLIE

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad that the treatment helped you and hope that you feel better soon.

God Bless

My grand son lent me his nebulizer a few months ago.

• HadIt.com Elder
NO LARRY - NOT AT ALL. I WOULD THINK YOU HAD READ THE WHOLE POST

AND I WOULD THINK YOU KNEW ME BETTER THAN THAT BY NOW.

MOMMA IS DEAD.

IT WAS HER OWN PRIVATE NEBULIZER - BOUGHT AND PAID FOR IN FULL

WITH HER MONEY - IT WAS NOT PART OF HER RENTED DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT. IT WAS NOT ONE OF THEIR ASSESTS THAT BELONGED TO THEIR COMPANY - THAT THEY TRIED TO CON ME INTO RETURNING TO THEM.

IT WAS MY ALBUTEROL AND MY LIQUID LIDOCAINE RX'D TO ME FROM MY PRIOR

VAMC PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER, Dr. DAVID LAYER.

THE ONLY DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT THAT WAS OWNED BY A COMPANY WAS MOMMA'S OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR AND HER HOSOITAL BED.

THE NEBULIZER I ORIGINALLY HAD, BELONGED TO ME - IT WAS NOT OLD AND/OR CRAPPY. I LOANED IT TO MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE THE ER RX"D HER TO GET

ONE - SHE HAS NO INSURANCE - SO I LOANED HER MINE.

SO - NO YOUR POST DOES NOT SUM IT UP CORRECTLY AT ALL.

G-D IS NOT PAYING ME FORWARD WITH THE COPD.

FYI - I WAS ON A LIST FIVE YEARS AGO FOR A HEART TRANSPLANT.

NOT TO BE A BLITCH - BUT I SURE HOPE YOU PAY MORE ATTENTION TO

CLAIMS FOR YOUR VETERANS THAN YOU DID TO MY POST.

AND YES - THIS IS ALL IN CAPS FOR AN APPROPRIATE REASON.

CARLIE

Larry, you tend to make inappropriate JOKES at very times, or makes JOKES out of serious issues. I too hope you will learn to display more appropriate affect with your veterans and their claims. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Carlie, Whatever works and makes you feel better, just don't do anything Mom wouldn't do!! Hope you feel better soon!! ~Wings