VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank G-d For Momma

Rate this topic

I am so sorry. Seriously.

I was just joking, or, trying to anyway.

I apologize.

It won't happen again.

Good for you Larry, an apology is a good thing, suggestion though whew next time look before you leap, God will bless you for that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my Health has been just terrible for a couple of months now,(Congestive Heart Failure,COPD, Asthma and allergies)

and I do not want to go out to Bay Pines.

A few months ago my daughter was at work and inhaled some caustic chemicals - the ER said she had chenical pnemonia, so I loaned her my nebulizer and some albuterol so she didn't have to pay for it.

Well here I am now sick as an old doggie.

So instead of calling my daughter to treck over here and return my nebulizer, I remembered that when Mom died I kidnapped her high-tech mini nebulizer that does your whole treatment in about 8 minutes,

and you can even use it in your car or an airplane.

When Momma died the medical companies tried to take back all of her equipment but I hid it and wouldn't let them get anything but her bed and oxygen concentrator unit. I helped Mom with all of her bills and this equipmant had been paid for outright - it was not durable medical equipment that was billed for monthly.

Hell, they even wanted to take her potty chair, shower chair and little three wheel walker - that we had special ordered her for color she wanted.

I even have the dentures I took her to get and I keep them in a jalipion jar filled with water, because she loved jalipinos.

Well I've hung onto it all for over two years now.

So this morning, I dug around and found that high tech mini nebulizer of Momma's.

I have also had a horrendous cough - you know, the kind you have to wear a little pad in your panties and feels like your ribs are cracking every time you cough.

Then I also remembered that about 2 years ago when I had this same cough,a wonderful PCP I had out at Bay Pines RX'd me 2 bottles of liquid lidocaine.

He gave me a big long lecture on using it very sparingly,

in with my nebulizer treatment with the albuterol.

He made me understand that if you used too much of the liquid lidocaine or used it too often it could put both your broncial tubes and lungs at risk for temporary paralysis.

Low and behold I just went to my refrigerator and still have a sealed bottle of the liquid lidocaine.

So far I've done half of a treatment and havent coughed for about 45 minutes.

This may be a boring thread and perhaps I should have posted it in Social Chat, but I felt it may help another vet if posted under Medications and Health issues.

Two years deceased and my wonderful Momma is still helping me out and taking care of me. She was a Licensed Registered Nurse for well over fifty years.

carlie

Absolutely, Thank God for Momma's that sums up this post. No matter how many meds my docs give me I can always count on my momma to every now and then come up with some herbal tea that she actually makes out of the herbs that she grows out of her garden< mint< etc and she really has been studying herbs and their effects for some time now and one time i was all stuffed up and had a real bad case of bronchitis i felt like i was breathing thru a straw and mamma gave me some tea that all the meds at that time wasnt working but this tea i"ll never forget she said was boiled from some anise seeds she had bought and she boiled it and added some other stuff that i cant remember all that was in it> What I do know I felt so much better after drinking that tea I could breathe and days later after a couple more cups my bronchitis was actually gone. Now I dont suggest anything of the sort to anyone I am just saying Mamma's tea was all I needed and it worked for me. No matter what mamma's are always with us. She's your gaurdian angel now.

I am so sorry. Seriously.

I was just joking, or, trying to anyway.

I apologize.

It won't happen again.

Now here's a joke for you Larry, step away from the computer Larry, step away slowly B)

Carlie, Seeing you were able to find the nebulizer(mom's) was a much needed benefit. Someone was looking out for you, to be able to uncover it from its "hiding" place. Make sure you check the label for the expiration date on meds...I had cough med with codiene in the frig. for a long time...anyway it expired 3 yrs ago...dumped it out!

Also many herbal natural health remedies do work better than some meds without side effects however we all have to watch out for side effects that may occur in combination with the prescribed medication we might be taking.

Herbs and roots could potentiate serious problems especially with narcotics, antidepressants, antihypertensive, controlled pain meds, etc. When in doubt, check it out. More is not better too.

Noticed you coughing alot on the phone the other day, and thought you may have COPD. Wasn't about to get nosey and ask though.

Take care, esp with heart problems too. Avoid cigarette smoke.

Edited by halos2