VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varicose Veins, Service Connected

Rate this question

sambukhari

Question

Hello, well today My appeal was denied again. VA stated that it is related to military service but I did not seek medical attention while on active duty for there fore my service conected claim is denied. The VA also cited that having Varicose Veins does NOT consitute a disibility. The funny thing is that I have been treated for this condition since 2003 after I had retired from the marines. During my exam for Comp & pension and the VA doctor both agreed this is a valued claim but again the rating board still looks at Why I did not seek medical attention while on active duty. So now the only thing that was offered to me was to request a Video hearing on my claim that was denied. So what I'm asking is what would be the best recourse for me or should I just stop because I'm just spining my wheels? This is a funny world we live in because I met a veteran that gets 20% for having an ingrown toe nail due to active duty wow.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

As I understand it they can become quite painful.

Good Luck with your claim and as far as not being treated in service that is not a requirement. All you have to do is to link it to your service.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ahem. Thought when a person joins the service in good physical shape they're gonna be even better shape after boot camp? Oh, sorry, must'a read a recruiting poster again.

Welcome to Hadit if I haven't welcomed you before ~ !? Do you have other service connected leg, foot, knee, back, hip or vein conditions? Or were you seen for care related to such? How soon after you retired from the marines were you diagnosed and treated for this condition? the first twelve months? And since you were retired, I dare say if you are a woman or a guy, that rarely were you issued the correct size and type combat boots. For women even more rare to be 'issued' practical arch supported shoes or sensible dress pumps. Of course, don't forget if assigned to dangerous duty, the boots could have had steel toes as well. I recall, most boots had flat insoles, crummy ankles, either too stiff or too soft, the foot box would s t r e t c h out causing a echo when wearig a single set of socks. Ah, to make the most of it, two pair of wool socks and tighter laces around the ankle adapted but only fixed the fit for 10-15 minutes before loosening up.

Okay, I don't have the answers, just sc varicose veins from years of hard work, ill fitting shoewear and marching in ridiculous skirts&pumps after wearing boots for 10 hours all day. If you read around here, its medical records and medical opinions that validate conditions.

Keep in touch, hope you get needed compensation for your extremely physically demanding and long career that changed a healthy you.

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

Thank you for the reply, this is how the rating board put it to me in a very simple sentence. If it is not documented in your military medical records...no matter what you send us......................... IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are reading it wrong or it was incorrect. All you need is a Doc to write an opinion that links it to your service with some facts to back it up. That said I do not know if it is a ratable condition.

Thanks have a safe holiday, by the way I checked with the C&P office here and I was told I can submit another C&P exam and do this all over again since my last one was 2004 5 years later back at ground 0.

Have a safe Holiday, Cheers

I read all posting and i am very happy for find out this forum and i want to say Patients with varicose veins, a new minimally invasive surgical treatment reduced the number of difficult change process is known as stripping..