VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psychologist Today

Rate this question

maset22

Question

I have been seen my psychologist for two years, mostly dealing with my VA non-compensatory degenerated spine anomalies. Last session I began talking about an incident in the Gulf war. My memories of that incident came out like water running down a stream. I want to continue on those topics in the Gulf war. Some are fresh, some hazy. My spine is going to take it's course for the worse, ain't no talking going to stop the physical or emotional pain. How do I keep it cool when my mind is racing? And going up against a psychologist that can manipulate a conversation with years of knowledge? I have one diagnosis of adjustment disorder with depressed mood , chronic. But, it is all about my VA non-compensatory illness. It has to be a secondary going on the way I am affected anxiety daily, crying daily by my soldiers in dying and wounded. The joy I feel when I am around soldiers. There is more to this. I need some guidance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I am not 100% sure but I really think you can go to the VAMC and ask for a PTSD screening to determine if you have PTSD or not. You can try this with mental health or your PCP (primary care provider). If I am wrong or off someone else will chime in.

Hope the best for you and your family

Hi Carlie, and pete992: Just got back from my appointment. It went well I think. I ask to change the format. So we talk about the part of the Gulf from last week, and continue down the road of the war. I have some work to do. But I don't want to make a mistake. you will see it in your inbox. Thanks