Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Fletch

Lumbar Spine C&p Exam

Question

I had my C&P exam for my spine today. The doctor was very professional and friendly. My history shows a 30% rating for sacroiliac injury. My left leg is also SC'd at 10% for shortness. My civilian spine surgeon put in my records that my back problem stems from these 2 conditions. On 2 different occasions, the VA doc dictated into his computer that my surgeon connected my current condition to my SC'd conditions. My question is,,,,,does this mean that the VA doc found in my favor and my spine condition will be SC'd? I've had 3 surgeries this year alone and am scheduled for a spine fusion December 3rd. I really can't move. I'm in a back brace 100% of the time. Just curious as to what the elders here feel about how my experience went.

Thanks in advance! B)

Fletch

Thanks Vync and jbasser. How do I get a copy of my C&P exam? Do I just call them and ask for it?

From Vync's link and post, it looks like I'd be rated between 40 and 50%. I'd rather stay working if I can. I'm on the edge of being fired due to absenteeism. I've missed 3.5 months of work this year and now due to surgery December 3rd, I'll be out another month. I did ask for temporary convalescence.

You guys are great! Thanks for your responses!

Fletch

Fletch,

Glad to help! Check this out:

C-File

I requested my C-file by submitting form 21-4138 via mail and have a tracking number. I called the 1-800-827-1000 number and they said it should take about a month to get them. I read where a number of other people say it can take months to get them. When I went to the RO, they said it takes several months. I did get a letter last week telling me that my request had been received and they are working on it. I did an IRIS request and got pretty much the same response.

VA Treatment Records

On Nov 2, I physically went to the Birmingham VA medical center and sign a paper to get them to send my medical records. The lady said it will take 20 business days (a month) to get a copy, because my records go back through 1995 are in storage. I found out "in storage" meant they were in St.Louis in a storage facility. This data is supposed to include any medical records from when I was treated in the Birmingham outreach clinic in Gadsden, AL, which is cool. I checked yesterday and they said that everything has been received, but it is waiting on supervisor approval before it goes out or can be picked up.

Military service records:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ce-records.html

I hope this helps!

Ad

I think that I'll do both. Thanks for the info. I'll post the exam as soon as I get it. I have spine surgery December 3rd. It will be a little bit before I get my hands on it.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome!

Fletch

Edited by Fletch

I think that I'll do both. Thanks for the info. I'll post the exam as soon as I get it. I have spine surgery December 3rd. It will be a little bit before I get my hands on it.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome!

Fletch

Wow, I wish you the best of luck in your surgery. Take care of yourself over there. Remember, we're here if you need someone to talk to.