VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Implants

Rate this question

grent

Question

GOT ONE OTHER QUESTION

I JUST GOT APPROVED FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS BUT IM A LITTLE WORRIED HERE DOES THE VA PAY FOR ALL OF IT OR DO YOU HAVE TO APPEAL THAT ISSUE IF THEY DONT PAY FOR ALL OF IT

I HAVE NOT SEEN THE APPROVAL VOUCHER YET JUST CALLED AND THEY LEFT MESSAGE SAID IT WAS APPROVED

"APPROVED" UH OH THAT TRIGGERS " A RED LIGHT CHALLENGE "

APPROVED IN VA TERMININOLOGY MEANS

IF THE BILL WAS $ 9000 VA WILL ONLY PAY 1 / 2 "MOST LIKELY AS NOT" VA WILL PAY ONLY 1 / 4, YEA NOR NEY?

ANY INPUT OR RECENT PROBLEMS HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

Edited by grent

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A good dentist can do bone grafts to build up the bone and then do the implant. The VA just does not want to do the implants because they are expensive. Cost is always the main factor with everything the VA does. Most who get implants get a bone graft as well. Perhaps there is no one qualified to do this at you VA dental clinic. The really good dentists do not work at the VA. My VA clinic does not have endontists doing root canals. The general purpose dentist does it all. This is not the medical standard in world outside the VA.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

John,

My teeth have not fallen out yet. Personally, I do not even look forward to having my teeth cleaned. Just can't hold my mouth open very far and suffer from really bad headaches afterwards. The bone grafts sound interesting, but I don't know if I want to know where they get the bone...

• HadIt.com Elder

They get the bone from your jaw bone. No doubt you have to keep your mouth open for a while. The thing is with an implant you can just get a couple to hang a bridge off. You don't have to replace all teeth with implants. My TMJ has progressed to the extent that the joint is totally worn out. It slips and slides and does not lock up.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds interesting. It would be cool to order a burger and not have to steamroller it before eating.