VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Cause Vertigo?

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ken,

As I recall from my Navy Hospital Corps days, the tinnitis and balance issues can be present at the same time, but the tinnitis is not the cause of your vertigo problem. And, ringing in the ears and dizziness can both be symptoms of other more serious conditions. I am not a doctor, just an old corpsman. Any M.D., audiologist or ear, nose, throat (ENT) doctor could answer your question best.

Very True, my husband had been suffering from both for years. He retired from the US Army back in 1997 he is on vertigo meds but the tinnitus never goes away and still has vertigo. Well to make a long story short. They recently sent him to get an MRI for his DDD of the cervical spine and came across his brain leaking down into his spine. This condition is called ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION I. He is still in shock. He has been going to the VA complaining about migrains, vertigo, tinnitus for years and come to find out this is all symptoms of this condition. Who would have thought? I know they didn't. I'm in even shock about the whole thing. Well he has alot on his plate with deciding what he's going to do about all this. Suppose to be meeting with the neurologist real soon I don't think he should let the VA cut on anything near his brain, some things are ok but I dont think I would let them do that one. We just thought he was having a bad case of vertigo and tinnitus bilaterally.