VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Due To Medications

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Hi all,

I really need advice and help. I have not worked since 3/2/09 due to workers comp for shoulder injury, just had surgery will be out until June 10. In april 09, I was placed on Morphine for neck pain, and have been on since. In early Nov. my dose was increased to 45mg three times daily. Now, my question I work as a registered nurse and to do so under the influence of a narcotic violates state regulated guidelines for RN's. I am not a good candidate for surgery and cannot function without the pain meds. Is this something that qualifies for a TDIU claim.

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You would not want to be nursing and on morphine at the same time. You could make a fatal mistake. I think you should go for TDIU. You need a doctor to say you can't work due to your SC conditions. I think the medications to add into the IU claim. Chronic pain disorder is also a factor. I would file out the IU paperwork as soon as I could do it and send it in with a statement from the doctor that you can't work.

John,

I will ask my VA PCP for a letter or documentation in my medical file and see what he says.

Thank you,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Bergie, You are correct in asking for IU.

You cannot hold a Nursing License in the state of california while under the influence of morphine.

How is the shoulder, Did the Surgury go OK.

John