VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Get Started And Get Adjucated As Quick As You Can

Rate this question

Loma Linda Bill

Question

I am seeing a Psychiatrist, and he has put me on meds for the depression, wrote a letter for me stating I have stressors, and I also am a victim of military sexual trauma, due to the chemo I have Hogkins disease, COPD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now my lateset I have Neuropathy and loss of use of my right hand. Can some one really help me down the path I started with filing a paper claim form, with the DAV in san diego, but I live in the area of palm springs, and have not heard nothing from the dav for at least 4 months.

Loma Linda-Bill

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I am seeing a Psychiatrist, and he has put me on meds for the depression, wrote a letter for me stating I have stressors, and I also am a victim of military sexual trauma, due to the chemo I have Hogkins disease, COPD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now my lateset I have Neuropathy and loss of use of my right hand. Can some one really help me down the path I started with filing a paper claim form, with the DAV in san diego, but I live in the area of palm springs, and have not heard nothing from the dav for at least 4 months.

Loma Linda-Bill

Bill,

Were you in country in Vietnam, if so have you requested agent orange registry/exam. If you were in country file a 21-4138 requesting AO registry and exam. This might service connect several of your health conditions. I also recommend you research AO and the illnesses that the VA recognizes as being caused by it (AO), and file using a 21-4138 if you have any of the illnesses or have had any of the illnesses. Also, you have to be proactive with the SD DAV, I don't rely on them for anything. Most at the SD office are at best lazy. The key to your claim is the start, which begins with a 21-4138. From there it helps to compile as much of the medical records as possible and submit with your claim. ALWAYS be sure if you file yourself, get a time stamped copy of ALL the documents you turn in. I read your posts and see you asking how to file for TBI, it is no different it all begins with a 21-4138. Well, this should help get things started PM me if you have other questions

Godd luck,

Bergie

Have you formally filed the 21-526 form and have they acknowledged it in any way?

You said you started to file a form-

I cant determine if the 21-526 has been sent to the VA. your DAV NSO would know.

Or you could call the VA 1-800-827-1000, hit 1,2,3,1,0 to get a claims rep to check their computer or Iris them in email at the VA web site.

In 4 months you should have received a VCAA letter that comes with a response form you have to sign and send back to VA (keep copies of everything) ort at least some type of acknowledgement from VA that they have the claim.

You say you have Hodgkins due to the chemO? I dont understand that- but in any event- is the chemo for a service connectable condition?

I didn't get impression you were Nam in country or even Korea DMZ 68-69 for an AO basis for the claim.We need more info.

You need to find out if your 21- 526 form was finished and sent to the VARO by the DAV.

"I started with filing a paper claim form, with the DAV in san diego, but I live in the area of palm springs, and have not heard nothing from the dav for at least 4 months."

Did you formally give the DAV your Power of Attorney for the claim?

Edited by Berta