VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes Secondary Conditions

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can someone help me with a list of the conditions that are secondary to AO Diabetes? I had the list, but I lost it & can't seem to search here or anywhere to locate the conditions. Could guess about half of them but need entire list to pass along to a fellow Vietnam Vet. Might have been on the Silver Rose site but last time I tried that site it is down.

Thanks,

Don Evans

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry, don't have a list.

I would think that any secondary conition due to diabetes would qualify. So long as the doc states that the condition is due to diabetes.

That has been my experience....Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has a training letter on DMII. The list of secondary conditions is as long as my right arm. The VBM has a list of secondary conditions. Google DmII secondary conditions. That should give you plenty.

Evandc,

Please do not allow your friend to make the same mistake that I did. I had the DAV file for me, and thought that they had filed secondary to Agent Orange. They did not. They filed as if I should be directly service connected for DM II. Of course it was denied. To make matters worse, all of my medical records were not reviewed. Womever on Hadit said that YOU are the best person to manage their claims was not kidding.

Papa

Can you tell us more?

If you were incountry Vietnam Vet or served within the Korean AO regs you had basis for presumptive claim as your exposure was conceded.

For direct AO SC - that is much different-

Where were you exposed to the AO?

Can you tell us (or scan) the VA's exact wording of the denial?

Did you NOD the decision?

• HadIt.com Elder

"The VA has a training letter on DMII"

Is this training letter on the medical side, or the compensation side, and can you list a web address and or the actual title? It really would be a good idea for Hadit to start indexing such documents. In light of the VA's and government's poor indexing, and frequent changes to the locations of such documents, actual copies of such documents might be kept on web sites such as hadit. (suggestion!)

It's obvious to me and others that RO's do not bother to read or take heed of such documents in making denials.

The VA has a training letter on DMII. The list of secondary conditions is as long as my right arm. The VBM has a list of secondary conditions. Google DmII secondary conditions. That should give you plenty.

I have posted links to it as well as the actual 2 training letters-

The earliest version of DMII training letter was most helpful to my recent award.

VA re- characterized the DMII training and it is here somewhere ----

If I can find my 3 1/2 for it I will post it again.

One word in the training letter said it all-when I read the training letter in Jan 2003 I attached the whole 17 page original one to my claim.

Will try to find it