VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Condition Claims Help Requested

Rate this question

ench

Question

Hi all,

Hoping for some advice on multiple back issues diagnosed while I was still on active duty. I hurt my back in a helo crash and was diagnosed over a 5 year period with DDD, bulging disks, spondylosis, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis. It's all in my medical records and I had many documented visits to docs, MRI's, X-rays etc that explain it all. My last 2 years was nothing but trips to the hospital. I submitted and received 10% each for the DDD and bulging disks last year. I never submitted for anything else but have been told I could/should. Any issues with "pyramiding" or any other reasons the additional 3 conditions wouldn't be accepted? My back is getting a lot worse lately...so many questions to ask...thanks for any response.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Would you mind clearing this up? I work full time, but without my meds it is impossible......

Sounds familiar...

- Have pain, can't concentrate on work

- Take medications to deal with pain

- Pain is lessened somewhat

- Still can't concentrate because of the medication effects

- At least I am not hurting as bad...

I know this is an old post, but I have a question. How do you file for chronic pain? I have 20% for DDD. I am in constant pain, and have been on narcotics constantly for around 5 years and haven't worked in since. The narcotics lessen the pain, but I still can't work due to pain and side effects of the medication. What code or codes would the VA use for these conditions? Thanks.

Lancelot6840

You need to read this:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...p;mode=threaded

The Deluca factor-

the codes might not be there in that post but a search of the condition you have at the BVA web sire under Decisions might help.