VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post Traumatic Stress

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

My primary care clinic set me up with a sleep study. This Thursday I have the sleep study evaluation. The lady in the sleep study clinic said the evalaution would only take 30 minutes and the actual sleep study would be scheduled later. What does the evaluation entail?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I had my sleep study evaluation today. They just asked some questions regarding sleep, measured my neck and looked at my throat. I was out of there in about 20 minutes. No film though. She said based on how I answered the questions they will be scheduling me for a sleep study. But it will not be until March or April.

She also explained the process. Carlie was right on with that info.

Fire,

I'm glad they got you moving in the right direction. When I had my eval the other day, the lady was able to give me a definitive date immediately.

Did they show you a slide show presentation?

Also, something was seriously wrong with the environmental controls in the presentation room. It was 55 degrees the entire time. Brrrr!

Fire,

I'm glad they got you moving in the right direction. When I had my eval the other day, the lady was able to give me a definitive date immediately.

Did they show you a slide show presentation?

Also, something was seriously wrong with the environmental controls in the presentation room. It was 55 degrees the entire time. Brrrr!

They didn't show me a slide show presentation. She wasn't sure on the date, but said it would be in March or April and I would get a letter soon.

fire courage,

really that far out huh? did they explain why so long to wait? tell you if its at home or VA hospital?

USMC,

Yep, that far out. I didn't even bother to ask why it was so far out. I just remembered Vync saying it would probably be "3 months out". Mine is going to be at the VA. I am supposed to report to ER/Urgent Care at 6pm on the date and they will take me to the sleep study area. They will wake me up and 5am.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
USMC,

Yep, that far out. I didn't even bother to ask why it was so far out. I just remembered Vync saying it would probably be "3 months out". Mine is going to be at the VA. I am supposed to report to ER/Urgent Care at 6pm on the date and they will take me to the sleep study area. They will wake me up and 5am.

When I told my girlfriend that my study was going to occur in February, she was surprised. When she had one, it was scheduled pretty quickly. However, she is not a Veteran.

Since your study is happening at the VA, did they show you pictures of the rooms? The pictures they showed us are supposed to be pretty nice, probably a step up from a Motel 6. I forgot to ask about the channels available on the TV. :huh:

USMC,

Thanks for the response Fire....Like I said I'm going to Primary care appt monday. Hopefully that informational class will be soon afterwards, then get my date or timeframe. I hate waking up, never feeling rested. No matter how long I sleep either, its retarded, plsu I'm tired during the day. I wake up with cotton mouth. Just last saturday, slept over a few fellow marines places and they were like dude, you woke us up at 5am with your snoring. SOrry for going off on a tangent there...thanks for the info and sorry to butt in on your post.