VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Post Traumatic Stress

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

My primary care clinic set me up with a sleep study. This Thursday I have the sleep study evaluation. The lady in the sleep study clinic said the evalaution would only take 30 minutes and the actual sleep study would be scheduled later. What does the evaluation entail?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A little update:

I had my sleep study on March 11 and finally was contacted on the results of it on Wednesday. The doctor says I do have sleep apnea. They set me up an appointment for this coming Wednesday to pick up my CPAP and receive instructions for it.

Are there any conditions or medications that can cause sleep apnea?

Has anyone successfully claimed it secondary to any other condition? I'm know a doctor would have to say it was caused by whatever condition though. (Nexus)

Edited by Fire Courage

• HadIt.com Elder

As far as I know you need to show some kind of linkage to your service.

The CPAP can be a little difficult to get used to but once you do you will want to have it all the time. I used to use the ramp up button which will start the machine at a lower pressure and than after 20 minutes go to full force. Cleaning it is very important the tube and the chamber and buy a large bottle of white vinegar. I usually clean mine on Saturday.

No matter what device they issue give it some time. Getting used to machine is important. I use a full face mask cause I am also a mouth breather, More stuff to clean.

Be sure and change the filters and when you clean the machine clean the little sponge filter. The two filters are your ticket to good clean air and a drop in allergy problems if you have them.

Good Luck