VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Equity Act

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The Library of Congress > THOMAS Home > Bills, Resolutions > Search Results NEXT PAGE | PREVIOUS PAGE | NEW SEARCH

Items 1 through 2 of 2 1. H.R.2254 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating to the exposure of certain veterans who served in the vicinity of the Republic of Vietnam.

Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 5/5/2009) Cosponsors (217)

Committees: House Veterans' Affairs

Latest Major Action: 5/8/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs.

2. S.1939 : A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating to the exposure of certain veterans who served in the vicinity of the Republic of Vietnam, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] (introduced 10/27/2009) Cosponsors (9)

Committees: Senate Veterans' Affairs

Latest Major Action: 10/27/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

THOMAS Home | Contact | Accessibility | Legal | FirstGov black_oo.gifblack_fb_en-US.gif

black_popns_en-US.gifblack_dot.gifblack_comment.gif

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Does anyone have any idea how many veterans have the Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, or Gallantry Cross w or wo/Palm? And how many iterations will it take before the VBA actually accepts this language?

I am working with the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisitions, Technology, and Logistics) in an attempt to change the list of bases on The History of the US Department of Defense Programs for the Testing, Evaluation, and Storage of Tactical Herbicides by Alvin Young. I've attached a letter I sent them Wednesday.

I don't often post here so I'm not sure how everything works, I think I've attached the letter.

The Library of Congress > THOMAS Home > Bills, Resolutions > Search Results NEXT PAGE | PREVIOUS PAGE | NEW SEARCH

Items 1 through 2 of 2 1. H.R.2254 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating to the exposure of certain veterans who served in the vicinity of the Republic of Vietnam.

Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 5/5/2009) Cosponsors (217)

Committees: House Veterans' Affairs

Latest Major Action: 5/8/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs.

2. S.1939 : A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating to the exposure of certain veterans who served in the vicinity of the Republic of Vietnam, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] (introduced 10/27/2009) Cosponsors (9)

Committees: Senate Veterans' Affairs

Latest Major Action: 10/27/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

THOMAS Home | Contact | Accessibility | Legal | FirstGov black_oo.gifblack_fb_en-US.gif

black_popns_en-US.gifblack_dot.gifblack_comment.gif

Office_of_the_Under_Secretary_of_Defense.doc

Kurt - as always you ask the hard questions of the VA-

I have been wondering why the Hatfield Study was just focused on Danang-

as numerous areas where military served could still have dioxin in their soil as proof that it was used there.

I also am wondering about the woman who was quoted in the Chicago AO series recently-

What does she really know due to her work on the AO issue?

I posted the links here and Allan did as well and others-

Re: AO- what we know in my opinion- is still the tip of the ice berg-

I wonder how many vets SHOULD have the VSM, or the other medals on their DD 214.

A DD 149 application (I posted the form here many times)- should be used by any vet who feels their DD 214 is wrong-

Thanks for ALL you do to rectify the conditions AO veterans deal with- with regards to wherever they served.

Dioxin as a persistent organic pollutant- as the Hatfield study shows- remains in the soil and has a shelf life that increases.

By the way - there is overwhelming list for Hatfield study- many waiting for it-

have you received it yet?

Berta,

I can only venture a guess, and that is because it is the first big place known. I would ask Wayne Dwernychuk from Hatfield that question. His email is wdyernychuck@telus.net if you don't already have his email.

Kurt - as always you ask the hard questions of the VA-

I have been wondering why the Hatfield Study was just focused on Danang-

as numerous areas where military served could still have dioxin in their soil as proof that it was used there.

I also am wondering about the woman who was quoted in the Chicago AO series recently-

What does she really know due to her work on the AO issue?

I posted the links here and Allan did as well and others-

Re: AO- what we know in my opinion- is still the tip of the ice berg-

• HadIt.com Elder

The heaviest concentration of AO use was in III Core which includes the areas around Saigon. The Saigon river area really got it good, and this is a very heavy population area. The Vietnamese are the ones who really must be suffering. I can't think of anyone getting Vietnam Campaign Ribbon who was not actually in Vietnam. The Vietnam Gallantry Cross is a Vietnamese medal. I don't know if you had to be actually boots on the groud to get it.

Did infantry troops on the DMZ in Korea get the CIB? I was thinking anyone with a CIB during the Vietnam era had to be in Vietnam, but I could be wrong.

My DD214 specifically has a section for overseas duty. Typed in there is Vietnam with the time I was there. That can't be disputed.