VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clonidine

Rate this topic

Yesterday I saw one of my VA doctors for a medication check.

I told him that clonidine makes me sick.

Nausea, complete lack of appetite and ten days without pinching a loaf.

Restless legs and lots of uncontrolled pain equals lousy sleep.

He said that he prescribed the medication to help me to stop smoking.

Since I'm still smoking he increased the dosage.

sledge

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WebMD says it's not FDA approved for helping people to quit smoking, and that the Tobacco Use and Dependents Clinical Practice Guideline Panel of the US Public Health Service recommends it only as a second choice...

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/clo...uitting-smoking

If not your last resort, I'd try something else. Having a heck of a time with it myself.

All the best.

Last week,

The management has decided that I should be on their list of drug seekers and restrict my medications, which is happening.

My doctor does not agree with management in this case and has agreed to write prescriptions that I can get filled outside of the VA.

Management has also decided that I should not be seen where I think I can trust somebody.

I'm not talking about a hangnail or bad ankles.

I'm disabled by PTSD.

I'm supposed to start all over again at another facility with a bunch of strangers.

This move is calculated to benefit the new facility, not me, and they have told me that 3 times.

You have lost the travel pay, go away.

The new place does not even have a travel pay office.

I'm going to go back to 'screw the VA' because I am not welcome there anymore, as if I ever was welcome there.

When the meds run out I'll be sleep deprived and psychotic again.

I think I need to clean my guns.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder
Last week,

The management has decided that I should be on their list of drug seekers and restrict my medications, which is happening.

My doctor does not agree with management in this case and has agreed to write prescriptions that I can get filled outside of the VA.

Management has also decided that I should not be seen where I think I can trust somebody.

I'm not talking about a hangnail or bad ankles.

I'm disabled by PTSD.

I'm supposed to start all over again at another facility with a bunch of strangers.

This move is calculated to benefit the new facility, not me, and they have told me that 3 times.

You have lost the travel pay, go away.

The new place does not even have a travel pay office.

I'm going to go back to 'screw the VA' because I am not welcome there anymore, as if I ever was welcome there.

When the meds run out I'll be sleep deprived and psychotic again.

I think I need to clean my guns.

sledge

Look ,Sledge, I'm on your side. My most positive thoughts are with you. As you know, there is more than one way to handle this issue. After the thaw, and before the meds run out, I strongly urge you to throw the guns in the river. You could find yourself in a prison, in solitary confinement, with little or no meds, sleep deprived and psychotic. You would be in a world of hurt, without any hope of relief, my friend. And If you think the VA is bad, then think about the hell hole of a medical unit in a Fed. or state max prison. Also, as you know, if you are incarcerated, the VA would take away your monthly comp.check, and of course, your travel pay issue becomes moot. I'm sorry to hear that the VA is messing around with you again. However, you know that there is a better way to win this issue and get it back to the way you wanted.

Edited by Commander Bob