VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combate Certificate

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All, I received a Combat Certificate from the 1st Air Cavalry when I was discharged from Nam in 1971. Does that certificate qualify as a CIB for compensation purposes for PTSD.

I have no idea what a "combat certificate" is. Combat is established by receipt of the "combat action ribbon" (CAR) or CIB, which is listed on my DD214. You don't have to have combat exposure to have PTSD. Many have it due to service connected experiences. I recommend you see a psychiatrist or psychologist and work through them to develope service connection.

Good luck,

Bergie

Hello All, I received a Combat Certificate from the 1st Air Cavalry when I was discharged from Nam in 1971. Does that certificate qualify as a CIB for compensation purposes for PTSD.

Brother Gate,

No it does not relax stressor criteria as would a CIB.

jmho,

carlie

It is not on the list of automatic stressors, however, it would serve as prove of your stressor should it be combat related.

• HadIt.com Elder

The answer is still no. You posted this question on 12/8/09: http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33116

Your best way to secure proof is to request after action reports and daily journals, for your unit, for your period of service, in VN. They are located at the National Archives in College Park, MD. It'll cost a little but the reward will be well worth it.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp09/files3/0923793.txt

As an initial matter, the Board notes that the Veteran's

service personnel records reflect that he served as a light

weapons infantryman in the United States Army in Vietnam

between December 1967 and December 1968, and that he was

awarded, among other decorations, the Combat Infantryman

Badge (C.I.B.). The C.I.B. is indicative of combat service,

and, therefore, the Veteran's claimed stressors need not be

verified. See 38 C.F.R. § 3.304(f) (2008).

Hello Brother Gate and Welcome Home.Was you a Infantryman with the 1st air cavalry, where was you located in Vietnam and the time frame?

mobie