VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does "review" Mean?

Rate this question

airbornevirgo

Question

I recently called my RO and they told me that my case will go under "review" in 10 days. What does under review mean? Is there a set timeline for thing as such? How come when I call the 800 number they say still in development, but I caught one of the representative that knew what they were doin, and they told me "Your c-file goes under review in 10 days"?????

In this Crazy World!?!?!??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I recently called my RO and they told me that my case will go under "review" in 10 days. What does under review mean? Is there a set timeline for thing as such? How come when I call the 800 number they say still in development, but I caught one of the representative that knew what they were doin, and they told me "Your c-file goes under review in 10 days"?????

air,

Welcome to Hadit.

VA 101 - The VA 800 number can not provide accurate information

on the status of claims that are pending.

VA has no set timelimits on them - telling you ten days is basically

just getting you off the phone.

Only VA claimant's have timelimits to meet.

The 800 # can only take a wild guess as to the status of your claim

950 out of a thousand guesses, are more likely than not, incorrect.

jmho,

carlie

Gee Charlie, I thought I left all the beurocratic mess back in my last unit. This is sad for vets to go through!! Well I appreciate your response. I had been posting on vets yuku, and I see some of the same vets here. This is nice of you guys to help for free!! They say the best things in life are for free!! Thank you for serving!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

What Carlie just said.

And, when they said your c-file "goes under review in 10 days", what they meant was that your c-file "goes under the stack of claims to be reviewed"......that's under the stack of the OTHER 2,314, + or - , claims that are sitting on top of yours...............................just sayin'.

never, ever, let 'em see you sweat..........'cause, if you do, then they think they've beaten you..........never, ever, give 'em that satisfaction, NEVER!