VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Process Timeline?

Rate this question

kellan15

Question

I appealed my additional conditions related to my service connect 10%. After a year I got a call and was advised to report for a C&P exam. I just call the DVA and they said received the exams results a month later on 12/04/09. What's next and how long will it take to complete? The doc said that I would qualify for voc rehab now, so I assume he's going to upgrade me? Any advise? or just wait another year? Thanks for your time.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

moses wandered aimlessly in the desert for 40 years...i'd bet money that you beat that timeframe...but perhaps by only 6 months...the entire claims process is a long fusterating grueling process...there are no definitive estimates as to how long the process takes...it could be 2 years....it could be ten....nag your POA and make inquiries via iris....call the 800# ....read the CFR's and the bva and cavc opinions...educate yourself because the POA, won't be nearly as proactive as you, because frankly they are overworked and they don't have the same level of interest in your case/claim as you do...hang in there brother...

Put my claim in 12/08 more paperwork 2/09, got shot down and had to appeal 3/10. Have submitted paperwork from 3 different doctors for my back (lumbar). Have documents from Navy doctors stating my injury and still no good. One thing for sure the VA loves giving out pain medicine. Not giving up..

Put my claim in 12/08 more paperwork 2/09, got shot down and had to appeal 3/10. Have submitted paperwork from 3 different doctors for my back (lumbar). Have documents from Navy doctors stating my injury and still no good. One thing for sure the VA loves giving out pain medicine. Not giving up..

Yankee,

Welcome to Hadit.

This is an old thread and no need to breathe life back into it,

so I'm going to close it up.

Please pick a Forum that interest you and begin posting.

carlie