VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Taking Continuous Meds

Rate this question

GunnyO_Ret_USMC

Question

Read this in another forum and I am not sure if it is true or not, so I decided to come to the experts here at Hadit.

The question is, if you are SC let's say for High Blood Pressure and you have to take meds for the rest of your life in order to control it, do you rate 10% for this alone? I tried to do the research on this but came up blank.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I prefer life! Thanks to lisinopril, my BP tends to run at about 120/80 with a pulse normally around 50.

I got an allergy shot at the VA last week. I was 145/90 with pulse of about 70. In Oct 2008, the nurse OD's me on my dosage, so now I am pretty apprehensive about getting my shots.

Bouncing around from 120/80 to 145/ 90 is still a bit to high, even with meds. However, Just going to the VAMC raises my BP into the danger zone.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Bouncing around from 120/80 to 145/ 90 is still a bit to high, even with meds. However, Just going to the VAMC raises my BP into the danger zone.

Agree with you there! A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with atrial afib. Seeing your BP jump from 40 to 250, to 65, to 190, then yo-yo all over the place for almost 24 hours, you start to look at like in a completely different way.