VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

After denial of my claim for back, hip and shoulder in August 2009, I requested a copy of my c-file and filed for reconsideration for my back and hip based on new evidence. I added two additional (documented in smr) conditions (knees & feet). I finally received my c-file this week. I have 2 concerns about the contents of it.

1. I submitted an IMO and xray results for my thoracic back as new evidence for the reconsideration of my claim. They were mailed and receipted by U.S. Postal service on the same day same envelope. The xray results were included in my c-file however, the IMO was not. I contacted my VSO and he stated he will forward another copy and I will of course, send another one to the RO also. The point, I'm trying very hard to make, is the importance of checking your c-file. I worry about if sending it again because I'm not sure if the IMO will it be considered or even make it into my c-file.

2. My second concern is about a note found in my c-file.I am confused about the note contents and I'm not sure if it was suppose to be in my file. I will type pertinent parts of it.

Name:

Date:

Station:

User: Man's name is on note

Note Type: Develop Note

Associate to claim: Reopened Compensation (date)

Note suspense Date: (blank)

Satisfies periodic notification requirement: False?????

STR Review

1. bilateral knees: Tabbed

2. Flat Feet: Tabbed

3. Degenerative joint disease thoracolumbar spine: Reconsider within one year

4. Degenerative changes left hip: Reconsider within one year

5. Degenerative changes right hip: Reconsider within one year

According to VSCM-21-05-07 (couldn't locate to lookup), I only VCAA'd for new conditions and not the reconsideration conditions.

________________________________________________End of note_________________________

What does all this mean? Thank you in advance for all comments that will help me understand what's happening.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm still waiting for my C-file, so I cannot provide a comparative analysis.

However, I would like to know how long it took before they provided you a copy of your C-file?

Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder
2. My second concern is about a note found in my c-file.I am confused about the note contents and I'm not sure if it was suppose to be in my file. I will type pertinent parts of it.

Do you have any of these listed disibilities??

Edited by Commander Bob

I'm still waiting for my C-file, so I cannot provide a comparative analysis.

However, I would like to know how long it took before they provided you a copy of your C-file?

Thanks!

I requested my file on Aug. 25, 2009 and I received them this week. So approx. 3 weeks.

3 weeks is pretty good. I requested mine around October, so I assume they are late.

If I m,ay ask, about how think was it? Did you receive a couple of inches of paper or the entire Los Angeles phone book?

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm still waiting for my C-file, so ...

Congratulations on requesting your C-file, Vync. I dread the day I request my file, and the day it arrives in the mail. I just know that my file is a mess. Forty years of ignorant treatment reports for the wrong disability, confirmed by numerous invalid VARO award letters. Like most institutions, the VA cannot admit it made a mistake. I'll have to pry it out of them... Good luck on your claim.

post-4811-1260564368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

bob,

Thank you for the support.

What all type of stuff was found in your c-file?

I'm interested if mine contains:

- Service medical records

- C&P reports