VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinion Please

Rate this question

JOHN1

Question

I have been and am currently 30% PTSD diabled since 2004.

Filed for IU March 2009 (PTSD) due to increased severity unable to work

C&P Exam (PTSD) June of 2009

C-file returned for another C&P and Examiners opinion as to iu and if could work.

Attended C&P Sept for the Examiner to review and retest.

Examiner stated' "As requested by the board, opinion the Veteran's symptoms are more likely than not a result of events experianced during military active duty. (He is referring to my tenure in Viet Nam combat.)

Further: RO request opinion reference ability to work (IU).

"Unemployabilty" Veteran is unable to return to workplace even with minimal public contact and minor supervision due to poor attention and concentration and short term recall.

The veteran is not able to handle own affairs without his wifedue to poor concentration.

Prognosis: Poor

Recommendations: Needs PTSD medication and counseling.

Also , in c-file is a letter from my personal counselor of four years, letter from my doctor regarding increased anti-deprssion meds and a VA form staing I resigned four years ago due to "inability to retain information.

Please give me any thoughts as to my sucess

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pete and all:

Thanks so very, very much for the info and support and I will just have to trust the Lord and be patient.

I am 60 yrs old and the first time at VA was reallly rough for me as I felt so guilty, but that being said again God is in control today, yesterday and tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Until I get the decision, God Bless all.

Jesus loves you and me!!

John

Carlie:

The form regarding resigning " due to unablity to retain info" was the form from my previous employer.

Thanks

John

JOHN1,

The part of this that I think VA will give weight to is,

"I resigned four years ago......."

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete and all:

Thanks so very, very much for the info and support and I will just have to trust the Lord and be patient.

I am 60 yrs old and the first time at VA was reallly rough for me as I felt so guilty, but that being said again God is in control today, yesterday and tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Until I get the decision, God Bless all.

Jesus loves you and me!!

John

Well, I dunno so much about that, but, I do know that he thinks I'm as funny a JewBoy as he was. I often wonder if, when I get to the Pearly Gates, if it is gonna be like Vegas or Branson, MO? Probably be quite a bit like Branson, I think. Where all the old, past-their-prime Jewish comedians are entertaining a bunch of, say, Blue-haired Baptist women who just got off the Heavenly-Bound Trailways from Waycross, Georgia.

In which case, I wanna open for George & Gracie, just on Tuesdays and Thursdays (dark on Mondays and Wednesdays, after all).

But, Jesus will probably draw the largest gate..........but, I figger he'll just be opening for Moses and David.......but, ya can never tell!

Carli:

Good weight or Bad weight?

The examiner stated I resigned in lieu of being terminated due to "inability to retain information", he (examiner) read the form from my former employer which stated "resigned due to inability to retain information".

Either resigned or terminated it has been documented I can not retain info.

John

• HadIt.com Elder
Well, I dunno so much about that, but, I do know that he thinks I'm as funny a JewBoy as he was. I often wonder if, when I get to the Pearly Gates, if it is gonna be like Vegas or Branson, MO? Probably be quite a bit like Branson, I think. Where all the old, past-their-prime Jewish comedians are entertaining a bunch of, say, Blue-haired Baptist women who just got off the Heavenly-Bound Trailways from Waycross, Georgia.

In which case, I wanna open for George & Gracie, just on Tuesdays and Thursdays (dark on Mondays and Wednesdays, after all).

But, Jesus will probably draw the largest gate..........but, I figger he'll just be opening for Moses and David.......but, ya can never tell!

...and a Happy Holidays to you , LarryJ...

Carli:

Good weight or Bad weight?

The examiner stated I resigned in lieu of being terminated due to "inability to retain information", he (examiner) read the form from my former employer which stated "resigned due to inability to retain information".

Either resigned or terminated it has been documented I can not retain info.

John

JOHN1,

Resigned = Me saying I'm outta here because that's what I want.

Terminated = Employer saying I'm outta here because that's what the

employer wants.

You posted,

"the form from my former employer which stated "resigned due to inability to retain information".

Do you still have the original form or at least a copy of it.

jmho,

carlie