VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Elected A Bva Travel Hearing

Rate this question

jtg1966

Question

eleceted a BVA travel hearing at the end of JANURARY 09. as i mentioned here before, the RO never acquired my inpatient SMR's nor records from private medical facilities...well they have them now...and my c-file has been brokered to the waco, tx RO for the purposes of adjudicating my claim...sooooo, the question is this....why did they broker my claim to another RO?

now i did find a fast letter fl09-006 that says that the va has established two Appeal Resource Center's to fast track appeals...one in waco and one in seattle...

anybody had any experience with the two ARC's?

i have attached the pdf of the fast letter.....

FL09_006.pdf

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

under 38 cfr 3.156c , if a previously denied claim is later granted based wholely or in part on the basis of newly discovered offical service records ... then the va will reconsider the previously denied claim (38 cfr 3.156c3) and the effective date will be that of the previously decided claim...

under vigil v. peake...

attached is a powerpoint presentation developed by the vnlsp for training vso's

jtg,

Im already quite familiar with the reg.

My comment has more to do with VA's application of the reg and what your

SMR's state.

In my opinion ANYONE that gets a claim granted by such an incompetent

agency -- is damned lucky.

As many veterans know - they don't read very well and they never learned to

play connect the dots either.

jmho,

carlie

i really just want to get the SC first...then i will go after the RO/BVA/CAVC/FDCA/US SUPPREME Court... for the earliest possible effective date...I just need them to give me SC first...*makes the sign of the cross, AND says two hail mary's and an our father*

I'm nerveous about waco....seems the guvment ain't a never done nothin' GOOD in waco texas...

jtg,

A claim ALWAYS has to be granted prior to having the option

to argue for EED.

jmho,

carlie

yeah carlie i agree that retro back to '95 would be terrific...but honestly i'm not a pig...i'd be happy with 100% monthly just so's i can eat real regular...it's a struggle most months...and completely devastating if say I have to replace a tire... a $90.00 tire means i don't eat the last 10 days of the month...i wish that the VA in their infinate wisdom understood that....

jtg,

To go from 20% SC to 100% or IU is going to take some really good

medical evidence.

If you have the evidence to warrant 100% or IU,I certainly hope it happens for you.

jmho,

carlie

carlie...I do have an overwhelming amount of medical records now associated with my claims file...30 hospitalizations since discharge and the clinical records from the last 55 days of service...

2 IMO's connecting the dots between all three prongs...current disability, incurrence in service, and a causal relationship between the two...

SSA records granting SSDI in 2007, saying that they consider me disabled since 1992...ironically enough it was VHA records that comprised 90% of the medical records for the SSDI award...go figure...

i don't actually expect an initial rating of 100% for the acquired psych disorder...i do expect an initial rating of 50-70 percent back to 02/07...and then on appeal i expect to get IU...