VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bupropion Hcl 150mg

Rate this topic

I have been taking this twice a day for about 3 months now..It has leveled me out some but not any happier than I was, just keeps me from going off the deep end...It did take some getting used to...On the plus side I have totally put away the cigarettes after more than 20 years..I don't even crave them anymore.It was a pleasant side effect......Truthfully I don't think it works for me as well as Prozac did which I was on a couple of times before..But it is really the individual it effects everyone differently...give it some time and then see how it works..I was kinda jittery the first month or so and thought I was going crazy until I adjusted to it...BUT, if it makes you suicidal or more suicidal please contact your Primary Care physician immediately...Hope it helps and remember they can always the dosage....Gridsmasher

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

One thing I know is that although many have the same diagnosis our meds are like a cocktail and basically a concoction made by a Doc trying to offer medicine that is cheap first, The VA also will substitute a cheap med with side effects in lieu of an expensive medicinal i.e tradazone for a sleep medication.

For me I an very sensitive to medication and usually do ok on lower dosages per my Docs at VA

I have an appointment at VA tomorrow and I am sure that a change may be coming.

Pete. know what you mean...Had a psych appt today....First one with the psychiatrist, was done by telemed...She decided after talking to me for 5 minutes to change me to Zoloft (or the cheaper equilivant)...Now I am supposed to slowly wean myself off of Bupropion while starting to take the Zoloft....Its a wonder that they haven't killed off some of us by with playing with our meds....grid

I'm surprised he switched you from prozac to wellbutron since you were doing well on prozac. Wellbutrin (works on dopamine) is a totally different type of drug chemically than Prozac (SSRI). Paxil is the same type of antidepressent as Prozac (same family) so it's no surprise to me that your panic attachs stopped as soon as Paxil was prescribed.

I also had panic symptoms on wellbutrin and seizures but they stopped after I stopped wellbutron.

My diagnosis is PTSD, depression, anxiety (panic attacks) ... awaiting service connection decision ... I've been going to the local VAMC for about ten years ...first I was prescribed Prozac, which actually worked very well. I even lost about 20 pounds (I can stand to loose about 50) on it. The trouble was every year or so the strength had to be increased to be effective and I ended up stopping all together. Later I was prescribed Brupropion with the doctor saying it would 'motivate' me out of my inactivity ... I went from one panic attack every few weeks to three and four a day .... the doctor had me stay on it for about 6 months before I said I just couldn't handle it. I could barely leave my house! .... My med got changed to Paxil and now I have been on that for about a year with no problems,no panic attacks, no increases in dosage either ... the only little thing that can happen is that if I miss a dose or two I get really vivid - and not so great - dreams.

LIke previous posters have said, different meds work well for different people, sometimes you have to try a few different ones before on clicks for you. When you get the corrrect one and the right therapy/therapist, your life changes (for the better!)

Good luck

Edited by jerrbilly

I'm having way too many absent minded moments on this medication. I was going to file my taxes yesterday, but I couldn't locate my SS Card. It wasn't in my wallet where it is normally kept. I searched for hours yesterday trying to find that sucker. So I decided to look in my W-2 envelope where I had put other items like receipts for charitable donations, and the like. And there was my SS Card!!

Normally when something like this happens, I have an "Oh yeah" moment when I find the item. I have absolutely no memory of putting the SS Card in this envelope.

Thats just one of many incidents. It's starting to get a bit embarrassing at work when things like this happen. I have been on this medication for a few months now and I think my memory was better when I wasn't taking anything! I took off work today and I'm going to mental health and tell them about this.

• 1 month later...

I have been to MH for ChronicPain. They also listed depression. I was put on 75mg twice a day, and trazodone at night.

Going at the end of the month for a follow up visit. I am so forgetful lately. I drive truck and run the same route everyday. I was driving along on the phone with a good friend and hung up, I then freaked out because I did not know where I was for about a mile or where I was going? I had no problem driving and operating the truck, then all of a sudden I saw a landmark and knew where I was. Today I forgot to take my lunchbox with me, I did the old "What am I forgetting?" Didn't realize it was missing until I was reaching for it going down the and realized it was not with me.

I suspect she will increase my dosage.

Thanks all at hadit.com