VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Forwarded From Claims Discussion

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I'm wondering, since a personality disorder is developmental and not a disability, is it a CUE if the Veterans military personel history is not discussed or listed or otherwise presented, when consideration to change a diagnosis of a mental disorder, which would otherwise be elligible for disability and compensation to that of a personality disorder, which is not?

I still have questions that the USC and CFR regulations concerning the change of a diagnosis may not have been met, if their is no history prior to, at time of enlistment, during service, at the time of a re-enlistment physical, and during a period of hospitalization of a diagnosed mental condition, and failure to consider the Veterans average to above average personnel records, and his selection for specialized training in Law Enforcement where he received average marks in all areas of training and above average marks in attitude during this training.

I will be using all this in an upcoming claims application to not only receive service-connection for a TBI/head injury, which is late in being awarded, but to also see about rebutting the prior diagnosis change, which I have now found and received evidence that the personality disorder should have been awarded as a medical condition, caused by the un-awarded TBI/head injury.

any input or discussion is greatly appreciated.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes:

ps: I will post under the CUE posting as well

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet