VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Infeasible

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was told by my Voc Rehab counselor today that she was disenrolling me from the program due to IU status and poor performance due to SC disabilities. I spoke with my SO and he said that I could not use this to get a P&T rating. Is this true and how would I go about using it as evidence. Thanks

/doc

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

So did they recommend IL? Independent living or are you functioning at a higher level of ability/mobility?

SO are you saying they dumbed you because poor performance 1st and due to IU 2nd?

Did they put you into the program when you were IU?

Any programs they put you in they do expect it will help you further your status be it educationally, independently, etc.

How long were you in the program, and what term/time line did they allow you for continuance/remaining in program? What goals were originally established that you were not able to go forward with?

I am sure others will post here but if you could provide a little more in depth info maybe some can give you more definitive answers. Good luck. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

More than a few members of Hadit have used Voc Rehab decision that they were not able to use Voc Rehab to train for a job as evidence to help get IU. Your SO is giving you bad advise.

Good Luck and now you could ask for Independent Living from Voc Rehab.

So did they recommend IL? Independent living or are you functioning at a higher level of ability/mobility?

SO are you saying they dumbed you because poor performance 1st and due to IU 2nd?

Did they put you into the program when you were IU?

Any programs they put you in they do expect it will help you further your status be it educationally, independently, etc.

How long were you in the program, and what term/time line did they allow you for continuance/remaining in program? What goals were originally established that you were not able to go forward with?

I am sure others will post here but if you could provide a little more in depth info maybe some can give you more definitive answers. Good luck. ;)

I was dumped due to IU according to her and barriers to being successful each semester because of anxiety, hearing loss and depression, To quote her she didn't think indpendent living was worth it for me maybe so prosthetics; for things like a shower chair. I was in the program since 06. I became IU in August I was trying to get my Bachelor's in nursing.

I think he's already IU. Just needs P&T.

Jerr

More than a few members of Hadit have used Voc Rehab decision that they were not able to use Voc Rehab to train for a job as evidence to help get IU. Your SO is giving you bad advise.

Good Luck and now you could ask for Independent Living from Voc Rehab.

Do you think this would be good evidence for a reconsideration of P&T? I should be hearing from SSD in a few weeks too.

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont think it would help your status for P&T at the present as it is the sevrity of the injuries, along with the likleyhood of ever recovering or getting better that most determines P&T.

I would beat the Voc Rehab ladies door down though for saying that IL is not a option.......it is the only option when Voc rehab is denied for medical reasons, but if you want to continue your education then you have the right to appeal as you have been in Voc rehab for 3 years.

Though the VA may have the right to see that the money is well spent, I smell a rat as your IU was recently granted and now they want you out of the program, but the VA has a reponsibility to do anything possible to see that your Voc Rehab objective is reached, also the college shares in this, so dont give up because they want you to.