VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Infeasible

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was told by my Voc Rehab counselor today that she was disenrolling me from the program due to IU status and poor performance due to SC disabilities. I spoke with my SO and he said that I could not use this to get a P&T rating. Is this true and how would I go about using it as evidence. Thanks

/doc

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I dont think it would help your status for P&T at the present as it is the sevrity of the injuries, along with the likleyhood of ever recovering or getting better that most determines P&T.

I would beat the Voc Rehab ladies door down though for saying that IL is not a option.......it is the only option when Voc rehab is denied for medical reasons, but if you want to continue your education then you have the right to appeal as you have been in Voc rehab for 3 years.

Though the VA may have the right to see that the money is well spent, I smell a rat as your IU was recently granted and now they want you out of the program, but the VA has a reponsibility to do anything possible to see that your Voc Rehab objective is reached, also the college shares in this, so dont give up because they want you to.

She said that If I would not be a candidate for IL as it would only be able to help with prosthetics. This semester I took Microbiology, Algebra, and Chemistry. I think that was a bit much, so if IL is not an option either and I'm unemployable then by definition wouldn't that be P&T?

• HadIt.com Elder

Being unemployable does not equate P&T status.....Time and or the injuries and severity determine that.

"She said that If I would not be a candidate for IL as it would only be able to help with prosthetics."

She is blowing smoke up your arse.........IL is much much more than prosthetics.

Taking those kind of classes all at once would put most under the bridge let alone anyone with your medical problems so you could split them and take fewer classes, but that is up to you, I just would not take no from her if I wanted to continue.....She has a boss and you have a good case to continue.

Being unemployable does not equate P&T status.....Time and or the injuries and severity determine that.

"She said that If I would not be a candidate for IL as it would only be able to help with prosthetics."

She is blowing smoke up your arse.........IL is much much more than prosthetics.

Taking those kind of classes all at once would put most under the bridge let alone anyone with your medical problems so you could split them and take fewer classes, but that is up to you, I just would not take no from her if I wanted to continue.....She has a boss and you have a good case to continue.

Thanks for your input, I just have so much anxiety now when I go into a classroom; the reality is I may not be able to finish.

very interesting topic here... i too was farmed out of voc rehab. i have a letter saying as such. what is independent living? i am very interested also i am waiting fir my iu decision yet the ss di turned me down even though i also included the voc re-hab denial letter,not much help there for my case anyway

I would use it and ask them for P & T- if SC has rendered you un-vocrehabable-and you also have 100% due to unemployability-

this could be evidence for a P & T status.

Has any doctor told you ( or better yet documented in your records) that your SC conditions are not likely to improve?

I would use it and ask them for P & T- if SC has rendered you un-vocrehabable-and you also have 100% due to unemployability-

this could be evidence for a P & T status.

Has any doctor told you ( or better yet documented in your records) that your SC conditions are not likely to improve?

Berta, I have not yet asked my psych doc to write that up yet. I just requested increase to P&T last week. I do have a letter from a NP that she thinks my school should be put on hold at least six months due to my SC conditions become more stable. I am service connected for knees 10% tinnitis 10%, and depression 70%.