VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp Unemployable

Rate this question

mrphilly1

Question

I received my rating a few months ago for 80%. I was medically retired from the AF for consistant back problems. Anyway, shortly after I received my rating I was bed ridden for a week and applied for a temporary 100%. In the mean time I was given some shots and no longer want to be rated at 100%. I am scheduled for a exam next week to evaluate me. Basically another C and P exam. Can I cancel my claim without it effecting the 80%. One of the lady's at the VA said if I cancel my appointments they can take away my original rating. Is that true? What should I do since I no longer want to be rated at temp 100%.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

To get payed a Temp 100% you have to be in the vamc for 21 days of more,i take it when you submit papers for a 100% Temp,the va schedule you up for a c&p to found out if your disability have worsen of got better.You wiil have to have a very good reason to cancel a c&p and if you do it will be re-schedule and if you dont go at all,it possible your rating can be reduced.If va determine that you are unemployable because of your military disabilities you could be rated 100%.My advice is make your schedule c&p appointment and hope for the best.Good luck

mobie16r