VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call From Regional So

Rate this topic

Guest terrysturgis

• Founder

couldn't have said it better berta B)

WOW_ WHOOP TI DOOOOOOOOOO!

This is wonderful Terry-

this is the end of a long wait for you------

P & T back to 2004? Make sure your wife applies for CHAMPVA and they might reimburse some med expenses she has had since then-not sure on that-

And if the wife or kids had college expenses since the retro P & T date- the VA should reimburse on that too under Chap 35----

Not a time to think about VA crapola though- enjoy and treat yourself to something nice-

if you out bank info on your claim,for sirect deposit, the check could be in the bank anytime-

Remember something TBird always reminds us of- and it is so true-

when a battle is over, even when you are victorious-a let down can occur----

I dont know why this happens to some of us----

I think that is when the utter exhaustion and stress of the claim rigamorale sets in----

It is what I call VA induced PTSD-

it doesn't last long- and best thing to do is try to relax and put down the weapons-

and SAVE all the VA paper crap- you never know when you might need it again-

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. Don't forget that many of us got a little depressed soon after the award but you will get over it pretty quickly.

Guest terrysturgis

Thanks to everyone for the help and congrats. I feel better today. Yesterday when I was down my wife could not get the smile off her face. Now today she is down and I am up. A lot of the family on this board the wife goes through as much frustration as we men vets and vice versa for women vets and their spouses. The cycle never ends. In 1969 when I went to Nam it was very hard on my wife. I was really quite busy running around the DMZ so time flew for me. Yesterday my Army daughter said her significant other is going to Korea in May so my advice to her is hey that,s the military life. She will miss him till he gets back. God blesses me and my family as he does Y'ALL. THANKS! Terry Sturgis