VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obscure Mri....

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

I told my PCP recently that I had sharp pain that went from under my pectoral muscle @ costal 4 rib to the back of my shoulder blades. I supposed Angina, but I am not a doctor.

Here is a slice of an MRI that was taken after my PCP request MRI's. Over 30 MRI slices did not include any detail of the heart or lung area as per this sample. I also have had a claim in for Lung disease with exposure to asbestos, JP-5, and other toxic chemical exposure since 2003. In 1985 the VA radiologist did report that I had old pleural thickening. This Pleural Thickening and other lung symptoms are all symptoms of asbestos exposure. This MRI did point out the DDD, Stenosis, and abdominal aortic aneurysm.

I wonder why half of the MRI film was obscured on over 30 different shots???

Could this be don't ask don't tell with relationship to radiology.

Do regular civilian hospitals deliberately obscure radiology films to keep from diagnosing problems????

post-167-1261271014_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Beats me Stretch but my Brother just spent a week in Hospital that they took multiple MRI's and diagnosed a huge kidney stone and discharged him a week later and said it was psoraitic arthritis.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm no expert, but my MRI's look similar to yours. They may have adjusted the scanning aperture to only gather your spine. It looks like you have some degenerated discs too (my discs look like yours). Check the prescription request for the MRI. The doc tells the MRI team exactly which sections to scan. Also, if you moved, the slices may appear blurred. If your torso is leaning to the left or right, then it will impact how things look on a given slice. You have to look at it from all three axis. More important than the film is the actual radiological writeup. Can you post it (without your personal info)?

• In Memoriam

There are many films in the MRI. I am just saying that 30 of them are deliberately rubbed out in the heart and lung area. The rest of the films show the entire abdomen, low back, and head/neck areas with out blemish or compromise in any way.

Tomorrow I request an MRI of my lungs and heart, due to the distress of obscurity and the VA missing the area of concern completely.

The MRI report says that there is kidney cyst, aortic aneurysm (notable)--(the widow maker..common term)--, spinal Stenosis, DJD, decreased height in the cervical vertebrae, Left and right foremina narrowing, The size of the aneurysm was underestimated in diameter by -.8 CM with sonogram.

C6-C7 narrowing of the bilateral neural formina, and additional narrowing of the congenitally stenotic canal with cord flattening at this level.

Getting down to the Lumbar area. It is just so messed up with narrowing, Stenosis, degenerative arthritis, loss of height, decation...Also of these areas have become worse from the last exams.

----------------------------------

There are 6 pages of this medical terminology. I know that these things exist, because I have had to live with the pain all these years since 1971. The abdominal aortic aneurysm and kidney cyst are new undiagnosed problems that have apparently been there for years. I can feel a pulse under my belly button just like I have another heart.

------------------------------------

The problem is that I put my hand in front of my body, with hand cupped under my right pectoral chest muscle, and I told the doctor that there was pain going from here, in my frontal chess, to between my shoulder blades. I know that there is something terribly wrong and getting worse.

The MRI's could have been of my foot and they would have been as helpful.

These People are nuts. They are starting to really scare the hell out me. I am not even angry anymore. I am just in depressed awe at how these problems have been blatantly ignored.

I feel the way I did when I followed an animal up on my mountain, one night, and discovered it was a skunk. Shotgun in hand and tired, I just slowly backed away from the problem. Didn't even want to suffer the consequences of shooting it.

• HadIt.com Elder
I also have had a claim in for Lung disease with exposure to asbestos, JP-5, and other toxic chemical exposure since 2003. This Pleural Thickening and other lung symptoms are all symptoms of asbestos exposure.

post-167-1261271014_thumb.jpg

If you don not mind, what is the lung condition that you suffer from?