VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Other Veteran Sites

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Why is it that when I post on other sites and mention the unfairness by the VA I get blasted with comments about how fair the VA is and that my claim must be lacking. You would think that the sites are owned and operated by the VA. One even went so far as to threaten to ban me. Does anyone on Hadit have a list of links to other sites they would like to share. Even if they do not like me I like to read them from time to time.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Ricky

There were those pro VA types here at one time. Some of them thought because they got there benifits the first time that all of our claims wernt deserving or we did not properly present them. I was called a lyer, not a veteran, had not prepared my claim the right way. I even told them I would send the evidence by US mail where they could tell everyone here on hadit if I was false. They would not accept anything but there own opnions as fact.

Enough vets on here have been through the VA ringer to know what the truth is and they came to support myself and others who told the truth about the VA horrors that are in pratice. I remember several times these people tried to get me to stop posting because I was going to confuse veterans. What I like about this open format on hadit is people have the right to agree and disagree. Our arguments survive based up the realitys of the people who come on hadit. Just hang in there. Im still here and there all gone

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of the other vet sites have been taken over (at least partly) by VA personnel Remember, a lot of veterans work for the VA, and they always like to present the VA as fair and balanced.

But, they only see their own work, unless they are in a Supervisory position. They may well do a good job, but you don't get to be a VA Supervisor, withouttoeing the VA line.

DENY! DENY! DENY: Until they DIE, DIE, DIE.

• HadIt.com Elder
Isn't it a sad day when veterans who have served this great country AND government, have to be put through the ringer by the same government they have served?

Its not just the VA look at FEMA.

There was one that I can't remember the addy for, but I think it had the word "network" in it. I'll try to find it again.

From my perspective, a dictatorial, name-calling, close-minded bunch of ill-mannered individuals who are legends in their own minds, largely made up of VA personnel, active and retired, who will not tolerate a difference of opinion. They pounce on anyone, in a manner that is most disrespectful, who dares to question their statements when they obviously conflict with 38 CFR, or when they consciously mislead by ommission. They cannot calmly and objectively discuss a subject without getting their egos involved in the conversation, and a suggestion that they just agree to disagree is responded to by calling the poster names.

The impression I got from reading is that if anyone breaks the "secret codebook," and dares to ask questions about, for instance, the impact of the performance benefit bonus program on the quality vs. quantity of claims processed through the VARO, they go for the jugular.

And sadly, disabled veterans who were fortunate to be treated justly upon initial filing for benefits, right out of the gate, were among the worst. Again, another case of "I got mine, you must not have deserved yours or else they would have granted your claim."

I think of it as an offshoot of the Stockholm Syndrome with those folks...

Edited by Vicki