VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-pap

Rate this topic

I just recieved my Cpap machine to day my setting will be 15 is that high or low or average. Any pointers would be appreciated, here's to a good night sleep finally :).

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I just recieved my Cpap machine to day my setting will be 15 is that high or low or average. Any pointers would be appreciated, here's to a good night sleep finally :) .

I think 15 is high, but I am not sure. Get ready for some good sleep, my cpap did my sleep wonders.

I just recieved my Cpap machine to day my setting will be 15 is that high or low or average. Any pointers would be appreciated, here's to a good night sleep finally :) .

It is high. However, the pressure is also based on height and weight. This is according to my wife who conducts, interprets and teaches patients about the c-pap machines. If you would like more info PM me and I'll have my wife answer your questions.

Ps, you will get used to the discomfort of the face mask/apperatus you chose, and once this happens your quality of sleep will be excellent.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

• 3 weeks later...

Navydoc2,

I have a sleep study scheduled myself.

The psychiatrist wrote a consult and the cut my Xanax dose in half...she said it was dangerious for me to be taking so much with symptoms of SA...I'm a nervious wreck now, I plan to cancel the appt. the agoraphobia is not under control with the regular dose of Xanax...

Hope you arte getting some good sleep...I sure need some!

Boondoc

Navydoc2,

I have a sleep study scheduled myself.

The psychiatrist wrote a consult and the cut my Xanax dose in half...she said it was dangerious for me to be taking so much with symptoms of SA...I'm a nervious wreck now, I plan to cancel the appt. the agoraphobia is not under control with the regular dose of Xanax...

Hope you arte getting some good sleep...I sure need some!

Boondoc

I would go ahead and have the sleep study. I am getting good sleep, the only thing is I'm struggling to keep it on all night since I normally sleep on my stomach. I keep finding it off and on the side of the bed in th morning lol. I do feel more rested than I ever have before though. Give it a shot and if you don't have sa no harm no foul you can go back on the Xanax.