VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Award Letter! Great News!

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings to all,

I received my award letter tday in the mail. I knew it was coming today could not sleep last night.

All my claims for increase was granted: Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Evaluation of lower extremities includes: VV, PP, PL and degenerativbe changes of the feet is incresaed to 100% disableing. Effective 2 years ago

2) Entitlement to $11,000.00 towards the purchase price of Auto and other conveyance and adaptive equiptement.

3) Entitlement to Special Adaptive Housing granted

4) Entitlement ot SMC based on loss of feet with addtional disabilities evaluated as 50% disabling.

5) All addtional claims for increase and appeals have been granted(Please note will receive seperate

correspondence on these claims).

Thank you all. It has been a very rough 2 years on myself and my family. I want to thank all of you for your great advice and support of me and my issues. I would like to thank you BERTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have encouraged me more then mere words can express. Your experteise in the claims process is unmatched. I though I had a good handle on it until I came to hadit.com and met you. To all my fellow veterans don't give up! and keep fighting the good fight. I am an example of someone who was not willing to bend to the steamroller of the VARO. I am proof that you do not need a service officer to win!!!. Please don't buy that lie. I hope this will encourage someone who may feel like giving up.

I do have one question. On the amount of this award (Monthy Comp) is that what I will reveive as total, or for this decision only. I was rated at 100% T&P prior to receiving this letter. Will I receive my current monthy comp and this new amount? God bless you and thank you all?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yippee! Hadit seems to be on a roll-with some success stories-

This is WONDERFUL NEWS Bound-

and your question is what hit me before I even finished reading your post-

"do have one question. On the amount of this award (Monthy Comp) is that what I will reveive as total, or for this decision only. I was rated at 100% T&P prior to receiving this letter. Will I receive my current monthy comp and this new amount? God bless you and thank you all?"

You should be receiving a higher comp rate due to the SMC (Special Monthly Compensation)

It will be ineresting to see what this reveals:

5) All addtional claims for increase and appeals have been granted(Please note will receive seperate

correspondence on these claims

THE SMC comp rates include the 100% rate-:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp02.htm

what I mean is when you read this table- (I am looking at 2005 rates-in the VBM but-as example-

single vet gets 100% for PTSD $2,299 per month-

vet then is awarded SMC at the "L" level- vet gets $2,860 instead of the 2299

I think many vets get snookered when VA figures out their SMC-

Rich is our SMC expert-however this statement below seems to me to be the "L" award and a "single permanent additional disability or a combination thereof-at 50 % or greater could easily fit this into the "O" award as I understand this (VBM page 345)

It is hard to determine how they will rate this under SMC.

)" Entitlement ot SMC based on loss of feet with addtional disabilities evaluated as 50% disabling."

Once they give you the SMC level- we can figure out better what they should pay you in comp-and it always pays to check those figures out real good-

I assume that is retro SMC too less what they paid already- ----WOW-

Did they state what level of SMC in the letter?

This is just joyous news!!!!!!

Yippee! Hadit seems to be on a roll-with some success stories-

This is WONDERFUL NEWS Bound-

and your question is what hit me before I even finished reading your post-

"do have one question. On the amount of this award (Monthy Comp) is that what I will reveive as total, or for this decision only. I was rated at 100% T&P prior to receiving this letter. Will I receive my current monthy comp and this new amount? God bless you and thank you all?"

You should be receiving a higher comp rate due to the SMC (Special Monthly Compensation)

It will be ineresting to see what this reveals:

correspondence on these claims

THE SMC comp rates include the 100% rate-:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp02.htm

what I mean is when you read this table- (I am looking at 2005 rates-in the VBM but-as example-

single vet gets 100% for PTSD $2,299 per month-

vet then is awarded SMC at the "L" level- vet gets $2,860 instead of the 2299

I think many vets get snookered when VA figures out their SMC-

Rich is our SMC expert-however this statement below seems to me to be the "L" award and a "single permanent additional disability or a combination thereof-at 50 % or greater could easily fit this into the "O" award as I understand this (VBM page 345)

It is hard to determine how they will rate this under SMC.

)" Entitlement ot SMC based on loss of feet with addtional disabilities evaluated as 50% disabling."

Once they give you the SMC level- we can figure out better what they should pay you in comp-and it always pays to check those figures out real good-

I assume that is retro SMC too less what they paid already- ----WOW-

Did they state what level of SMC in the letter?

This is just joyous news!!!!!!

Dear Berta,

Thank you for your response. No, they didn't give an a SMC rating yet. I don't know if they will wait until the rest of my claims are given their percentage. I know also that I will be receiving another 80% SMC due to bi-lateral arm issues. I know the rest of my claims for incresae were also approved, however at this time I do not know the value of percentages.

Yes you are correct. It would be easy for the Veteran to be short-changed in regards to SMC. They are throwing so many percentages at me I am getting very confused on how it will be assessed a dollar amount.

I will let you know Berta when I hear any addtional so I can get your input and advise, and of course your wisdom. Hugs to you BERTA and thank you again!!! God bless.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veteran

IT feels so good to hear sucess storys like yours. Makes coming on here worth while. You Veterans sucess storys is our pay.

Terry Higgins