VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Award Letter! Great News!

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings to all,

I received my award letter tday in the mail. I knew it was coming today could not sleep last night.

All my claims for increase was granted: Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Evaluation of lower extremities includes: VV, PP, PL and degenerativbe changes of the feet is incresaed to 100% disableing. Effective 2 years ago

2) Entitlement to $11,000.00 towards the purchase price of Auto and other conveyance and adaptive equiptement.

3) Entitlement to Special Adaptive Housing granted

4) Entitlement ot SMC based on loss of feet with addtional disabilities evaluated as 50% disabling.

5) All addtional claims for increase and appeals have been granted(Please note will receive seperate

correspondence on these claims).

Thank you all. It has been a very rough 2 years on myself and my family. I want to thank all of you for your great advice and support of me and my issues. I would like to thank you BERTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have encouraged me more then mere words can express. Your experteise in the claims process is unmatched. I though I had a good handle on it until I came to hadit.com and met you. To all my fellow veterans don't give up! and keep fighting the good fight. I am an example of someone who was not willing to bend to the steamroller of the VARO. I am proof that you do not need a service officer to win!!!. Please don't buy that lie. I hope this will encourage someone who may feel like giving up.

I do have one question. On the amount of this award (Monthy Comp) is that what I will reveive as total, or for this decision only. I was rated at 100% T&P prior to receiving this letter. Will I receive my current monthy comp and this new amount? God bless you and thank you all?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Congrats on your VICTORY!!!

Looks like I still have a lot of work to do because I can see that our cases are very simular. All the entitlements that you have recieved I know I qualify for. HELP.... Are there forms I need to fill out and can you point me to them. Oh, what is a SMC?

Big Vic 100% P/T Severe Spinal Canal Stenosis

Bound4heaven;

It sounds like they have you set for "L 1/2" SMC. The "L" is for LOU for both feet. The 1/2 is applied regarding the "P -3" award for the extra 50%. Once you get the "P-3" you cannot qualify for "P-4", so if you think they were wrong in the 50% give them a NOD within the time period. (CFR 3.350 is attached, don't try to read it from the computer screen, print it out and bind it for hands on reading).

When you start dealing with the specifics for an adaptive vehicle let us know because there are a lot of things involved with that http://www.hadit.com/content/adaptivequip.htm. Even though they say you are entitled, you still have to send in your application (form 21-4502 attached). Then, you need to be evaluated for rehabilitaion driving. They will write the RX for what equipment as needed. The $11K is used as a down payment. The items that are needed will be added to your vehicle, if they are not already standard equipment. If they are standard equipment, then they will reimburse you for that equipment from the VAMC prosthetics. You can get 2 vehicles every 4 years. (The $11K is only applied once), but the adaptive equipment is applied for each vehicle. Be sure to keep a copy of the VA 1394 form on your hard-drive (attached) as you will need it for every repair, and purchase that you make. Make yourself aware of VHA 1173.4 (attached). They tried to prevent me from getting a cell phone, but I eventually prevailed. See http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/booki.html chapters 17.155 -159 for some additional information. The NHTSA has a good web page at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/adapti...e/brochure.html for helping decide some needs. They also list six companies that will offer reimbursements or rebates (even if the VA pays for the items!!), they don't list Honda and Lexus, but they also offer the $1,000.

dod_va_10_1394_nonfillable__1_.pdf

VAH_1173.4.pdf

Driver_Rehabilitation_for_Veterans.pdf

VA_Form_21_4502_Application_for_Adaptive_Vehicle.pdf

S3_350.DOC

Edited by Rich T