VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helping But Hurting

Rate this question

mobie16r

Question

Hello everybody at hadit,I am 100% service connected for post traumatic stress disorder and i love helping veterans but i also love just helping people,but i am going through something right now that i thank i understand, but i really dont want to understand,sound crazy, i know,just to give everyone a ideal about me,i did two tours of duty in southvietnam as a combat security policeman from august of 1966 to march of 1968 at Bien Hoa airbase and during that time, Bien Hoa AirBase was attacked seventeen times by the enemy and January 31,1968 Bien Hoa Airbase was attacked by two battalion of northvietamese regular army, and a company of vietcong and i am a 1968 tet survive Four airman was kia that night but a lot of enemy pay the Ultimate,my friend was killed Feb 28 1968 along with thirteen other airman that was kia in a bunker thirty yards from the one i was in and its not a day that goes by in my life that i dont thank about that,oh so everyone thought it was a piece of cake for the Air force no a lot of airman gave there life's for freedom at BEIN HOA AIRBASE during my tour of duty and after it also all over Vietnam I am feeling better already I dont want no one to thank i am getting the big head but my decoration includes the The Presidential unit award plus one, AirForce outstanding unit award with valor, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry cross with Palm i am also a retired letter carrier with thirtyfive years with the postal service,married with five girls and a lot of grandchildren.I haven't post that much but i do hope what i post was helpful.THANKS HADIT for a great web site and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Mobie16r

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

mobie16r,

Many times one wonders about what stressors our fellow military members endured. Here at hadit we are afforded the opportunity/platform to share that if one does so chose or just maybe let out bits and pieces, or not at all.

The openness inables the realism of what one can tolerate, what one can endure, the stregnths and weaknesses one possesses,the outcomes of the major stressors,the fights to acquire or to continue with their attempts to acquire justice for their scd, and their life.

Unless someone experiences the exact same occurance,(not possible) they cannot truly put themself in that persons shoes. Similiar events occur, closely related, but the personalization of what changes happen to that individual who suffers from the horendous situation can never be challenged. This does not happen here, nor does one evidence members trying to "one up on another" regarding their sc life terrorization.

Reading members post of their most intimate life shattering experiences brings forth the banding of brothers/sisters. No where else can you find the true meaning of friendship.

I applaude you for your service, help here on hadit, the stregnth and ability to raise a family and your grandchildren, and the courage to strive and survive through it all. You survived your challenge put forth to you, I hope you find peace and realize you were chosen for life.

My cousin died in the tet in feb 68, and a day does not pass by me where I don't think "WHAT IF?"

May you enjoy your Christmas holiday time with your family and may you know the lord watches over all people if you let him in.(or whatever higher power you do believe in or find solace with) :) halos2