VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can One Make Any Money After Getting Iu?

Rate this question

griffcher

Question

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Can I make any money if I am on IU?

Yes & No. It purely depends upon your definition of "make".

Yes, you can make money by way of investing your funds and or the sale of real property.

No, if you are working and earning wages- hence "unemployable".

• HadIt.com Elder

We live in America. If you can work you will lose IU but than again you will probably make more than VA pays us not to work

I agree with the two other replies...if you can make money, then you don't need IU, at least if I were able to work, I wouldn't put myself through the VA BS...barte3ring might be a way, but people love to talk, and if they think your doing better than them they will make a call to the VARO...happened to my ex-grandpa-in-law and He lost 50% and bragging rights. JMHO

Boon

can I invest and make money from home. Since most of my investing is done on the computer?

Jerr

I agree with the two other replies...if you can make money, then you don't need IU, at least if I were able to work, I wouldn't put myself through the VA BS...barte3ring might be a way, but people love to talk, and if they think your doing better than them they will make a call to the VARO...happened to my ex-grandpa-in-law and He lost 50% and bragging rights. JMHO

Boon

• HadIt.com Elder
can I invest and make money from home. Since most of my investing is done on the computer?

Jerr

Just bear in mind.......anything that passes through the IRS computer system, if you are TDIU, then your SSA# is most likely electronically flagged.............(I can ASSURE you that it is electronically flagged).......so, do what you deem is in your "best interest".