VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Herbicide Exam

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

I just received papers saying the VA has received my claim for IHD and a request for increase on my tittinus.

It also mentions that if I have not had a herbicide examination that i should get one. Is this exam neccessary since I'm a RVN veteran?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I just received papers saying the VA has received my claim for IHD and a request for increase on my tittinus.

It also mentions that if I have not had a herbicide examination that i should get one. Is this exam neccessary since I'm a RVN veteran?

If it were me, which, of course it isn't, I'd go ahead with the exam. It'd give you a 'baseline' from which to measure any changes in you health in the future.

It'd also provide data for the future treatment (and acceptance of) any disease derived from your RVN service, not just for you, but for any RVN veterans (that's how they came up with the existing "presumptives").

If you do decide to go ahead with the exam(s), GET COPIES!

Edited by LarryJ

Thanks for the input. I called the AO clinic in Marion, Indiana and they said since they do not have clinics on Saturday anymore that they are back logged and will call me when one is available. They said there was 16 appointments ahead of me and could not give me a date for an appointment. Wouldn't you think if they were back logged they would start having Saturday clinics again.

Jeff

When you get the appointment for the AO exam make sure you have compiled a list of all your problems, everything to the smallest detail.

As for tinnitus if you are already 10% sc then I don't think it can be increased. Can someone opine that has the straight info? I think 10% is max for tinnitus.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jeff, you'll learn that you never use VA and logic in the same sentence. jmo

pr

Thanks for the input. I called the AO clinic in Marion, Indiana and they said since they do not have clinics on Saturday anymore that they are back logged and will call me when one is available. They said there was 16 appointments ahead of me and could not give me a date for an appointment. Wouldn't you think if they were back logged they would start having Saturday clinics again.

Jeff

• HadIt.com Elder

The AO exam is not required but you would be wise to get one. It's probably the most thorough exam you'll ever receive, in your lifetime, especially from the VA. It will have no bearing on your pending Comp claim(s).

pr